2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Windows/locks/alarms

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Windows/locks/alarms

ya the LED chain one is.. the antenna is about 1 foot long and can read up to 3/4 to 1 mile away on flat land... the lower model had about a 6in antenna and can do half distance as the other one..

but they range from about 200-300 without labor.. if you have best buy install it with remote start they charge an extra 200 for labor, so 500 for the alarm at best buy, and tif you have them install the door locks.. thats another 100 or so.. so 600 total maybe.. i got fired from there so i havent been around the prices for about 6 months now.. but im sure it hasnt changed.

if you buy the alarm straight out or online.. you can find them for like 200-300 for the good one, everything you want to do can be done DIY style.

All you need is a volt meter, sauder gun, electric tape, wire cutters, and about 2 pizzas and a 24pack.. whater you need for a 6-7 hour job.. If you dont know **** about wiring or electronis then give yourself about 10 hours lol...

you can find a wire diagram online.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
98R/TDak
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windows/locks/alarms

im lookin at a viper 5002 series security alarm for my truck and can get it for 50 bucks off a guy anyone have that particular one? i know it doesnt have a remote starter but it says it has 5 aux outputs for aditional sensors? u should be able to hook one up to that i would imagine?