2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

How is it that you go about...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Billiam
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is it that you go about...

How do you crank up the T Bars? I noticed all the talk about them and such, but no one really showed or said how they are done. Can some one post some pics or a link on where I can find some. Oh lastly, is it true that when you crank them up your truck also rides a little rougher?

Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: How is it that you go about...

I would be the new indexing keys. They keep your torsion bars within oem spec and give you the 2" lift.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
300exoh
Rookie

I turned mine about 3 turns to level out the truck(about 3/4 of an inch). All you have to do is turn the large bolt at the rear of the torsion bar with the front end off the ground. 8 turns equals 2" but it will ride a bit rougher than stock. The ride isn't much different with only 3 turns though. Just make sure you turn them both equally. I just marked the socket with a sharpie and counted the number of turns and repeated the procedure on the other side. I'm told the with the reindexed keys the ride quality is a bit better though since there isn't as much tension on the t-bar.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the torsion keys are just the same as cranking them. your ride will still be stiff. I would just crank them, it will be alot easier. and its the big bolt at the end of the T bar.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:50 PM
V8Boss
Professional

Dont mean to steal the post, but when I did my torsion bars, I cranked them 6 1/2 times and only got about 3/4 of an inch. I saw somewhere else that someone did the same and got the same results. Anyone know why that might be?

Quick Reply: How is it that you go about...