2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007 | 01:20 AM
rezryder
|
Default RE: Need Help!

I hope not, O god i hope NOT! 3rd time in the there shop since i purchased it 2 months ago.. Maybe 3rd times a charm. who knows?

Old 08-03-2007 | 08:38 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

ORIGINAL: shrpshtr325

you do realize the stealership is going to replace every possible cause of the problem actually fixing it only after they have run out of other things to replace, and ideas to make up, or you get really pissed, . . . right??
yea i forgot to mention that they will also charge you for everything they do to it, sorry for the bad news, but thats why its called a stealership

Old 08-03-2007 | 09:05 AM
dualdakota01
Professional

no doubt. i took my truck in cause there was a squeal in the front end in one of the pulleys but was really loud and i couldn't pinpoint which one. so the dealer takes it for an hour and quotes me 1200$ to fix. says its the alternator 90% of the noise... then tensioner is seazed (which was the funniest thing cause it wasn't) and idler pulley was make'n noise as well. and belt. all that for 1200$! are u kidding. so i took there quote and proceeded to change alternator thinking they knew at least what the problem was. NOPE still same issue. in the end it was the water pump pulley. so ended up being a 300 doller fix instead of a 1200$ one. they doubled every part in price they had on the sheet then what i could get it for at the parts store. and labor was killer.... long story short never take to dealer. they can't even figure out whats causeing the issues let alone fix them.

Old 08-03-2007 | 09:13 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

yea its definitaly best if you can find a reliable shop around you that you can trust...i just recently talked my dad into taking our van to the place where we get everything esle done and where we've gotten all our other cars that have lasted forever. Dealership was gonna charge us 1000 to get the whole ac system replaced and all it cost us was 60 bucks to get charged and they said it need something changed that only the ship could do but still better than paying a grand straight up.

Old 08-03-2007 | 12:22 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

I dunno, I love my dealer. they have never ripped me off. they charged me like $350 to change my heater core and that included a heater core in the price, along with a 1 year warranty. I guess I just have a good dealer.

Old 08-03-2007 | 12:25 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Jonny, you must have better dealers up north, because down here they will take the shirt off of your back.

Old 08-03-2007 | 12:56 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

yup i agree with virused, the dealer doesnt give a ****, they just want to make a buck, we have found (1) car dealer in the area, that doesnt bend you over and take your wallet, and that is any brand, or make, import or domestic, this one dealer(where we bought our trucks) is better than the rest, but still not perfect unless you go in there annoyed, then they are great