2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

New project (will update as i go..)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New project (will update as i go..)

Well, since fall is around the corner. Im taking out my stock Clutch Fan and letting the Electric Fan do its job, the project is.. creating new overflow and washerfluid bottles, since ill be deleteing the big piece of crap fan shroud.. Who here actually think that things looks nice? Not me..

anyways...

My plan is im going to make 2 PVC bottles custom made, painted, and detailed to fit in the truck so i dont have to have the fan shroud anymore.

When they are completed, i have an idea of them being very glossy with custom R/T decals on them colors in White and Red to match the truck. They are going to have a Plexy glass cap on them so you can see inside, the top part will unscrew on both. On my coolent overflow bottle ill have a brass insert at the bottom with some high hose runing to the radiater cap, and a bras insert up top for the overflow.. incase it ever does.

I went out today and bought all the parts, right now im waiting for the first coat of paint to fully dry. Here are some pics of whats going on.

Here is a pic of a friends Overflow that he has in his truck, ill being using diffrent tubes, mounting, and colors, this idea is great and saves alot of room and looks cool.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New project (will update as i go..)

whered u get ur electric fan and how much

Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: Spidaman TNMC

whered u get ur electric fan and how much
Im using the stock one for right now till i can find a cheap Viper fan. Im going to wire in a swtich for the stock electric fan, so when i need it i can turn it on, but like i said since fall is around the corner, im pretty sure it will work fine for now. Next summer ill have a bigger fan in it.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran

oo i wanna do this project that ur doing. if u find and spare time for instructions to take out the clutch fan and what to do with where and how lol

Old 08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
User
Champion

you can rent a tool from o'reaillys to take out the clutch fan... OR you can get a BFH and a BFW and smack the **** hard as you can.

Ill take pics when i remove the fan, i did it before with the tool from O'reillys when i had to replace my Waterpump... that was not fun.. the ****ing gasket was bitch to get off.. and the sad thing is we work at NTB (a Car Shop for tires and Other crap) and we dont carry gasket remover ****.. how stupid!???~!??

anyways ill take pics.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Spidaman TNMC
Veteran

koo thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM
englitrob
Rookie

This may sound like a silly question but what stock electric fan? All I have on my 5.9 is the engine-mounted fan.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

I like the project.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 PM
DAKNBLK
Professional

Cool! And yes, keep us updated, and the pics flowing!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:15 PM
User
Champion

ORIGINAL: englitrob

This may sound like a silly question but what stock electric fan? All I have on my 5.9 is the engine-mounted fan.
You mean a clutch fan? The fan that spins on the crank pulley? What year R/T do you have?

ORIGINAL: virused

I like the project.
Ya im hoping this fall it will be nice and cool for the fan to work well, not to sure if the fan would hold up in stop and go traffic in 110 degree hotness.. but we will see. Im loving next week, cold front moving in, cant wait for fall.. favorite season.

ORIGINAL: DAKNBLK

Cool! And yes, keep us updated, and the pics flowing!
Ya put on the 2nd coat of paint on them.. took off the tape around the plexy glass caps, and sat them on the same table they are on in the pics above, im waiting for my next day off, to get some r/t cutouts made for it and paint some r/t design on it in white with a black outline, then im going to clear coat them.. and start drilling for the inserts and sensors.. ill take more pics when i do all that.

Quick Reply: New project (will update as i go..)