2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bogging out

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bogging out

Well You could just take it out run and see if that makes a difference. The cat I got from a local independent shop flows 660, and paid 100 bucks for it some no name but it works. But Yea just do it that if you have a welder just take it out and see if it's not that problem just weld it back in no big deal.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 AM
jlking21
Rookie

if i just remove it and put a pipe in its place will it mess with my air/fuel ratio or throw a CE light? i dont need it burning more fuel than it already is, im only getting 12mpg highway. but if that fixes it and doesnt hurt the running aspects ill just leave it that way.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 AM
jlking21
Rookie

OK, here is a list of every part i have replaced so far to fix this idle problem which is now happening every time i start it with the engine being warm.

IAC
TPS
TB
exhaust (header back)
O2 sensors
CAI
temp sensor
alternator
battery
air temp sensor
fuel injectors
fuel pump
fuel lines

now that i have tried almost everything any mechanic aound here can think of including 2 dodge dealers, dodge is actually going to give me a new complete engine with wiring harnesses and computers. the only reason they are doing this after my warranty period is up is because i started complaining about this issue at 30K. since they know i have been back at least a dozen times since 70K and i have showed them all the new parts they said "we will fix the problem". maybe a dealer actually does have a little sympathy after all.

Quick Reply: Bogging out