2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Light not Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light not Blinking

Well I finally got new headlights. 2pc look awesome but I think I wrecked a wire when I was trying to get the light in place. The light lights up, but there is no blinking... So the flasher goes fast like one of the bulbs is out. Any ideas on what wire this is etc...? I would like for it work good. The lights look great...

Old 09-27-2007, 01:25 PM
Billiam
Champion
Default RE: Light not Blinking

Are you sure its just the wire? I would think its the light. I know there are light out there that you dont want to touch cuz the oil on your hands ruin the light, but I dont think that applys to automotive lights other then the headlights.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Make sure the filaments in your turn signal lights are all intact. Are all the correct lights blinking? Are they LED lights? If they are LED lights you will need to get a different relay that will work with the different electrical requirements (most of the time).

Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

It's the filament for the blinking. I thought it was one because they light up. Does it matter which way these bulbs go in? Because I know each side has a different voltage..

Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

since ya have the lights all out change the bulbs! and check ur stuff with a meter...come on varsis lol!

Quick Reply: Light not Blinking