2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Blinker Issue!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
motoidiot7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker Issue!

I have a 2002 Dakota V6. About a week ago my left blinker started blinking very fast, like one of my bulbs was out. I checked all my bulbs and they all work. The left side blinks fast, the right side is normal, and the flashers work normal.My brother has a 03 or 04 and he said his started doing the same thing today. Any input on this would be appreciated, as I have no clue why this is happening. Oh also I am new here and love this place it has helped me out many many times. Thanks yall.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Default RE: Blinker Issue!

The light may turn on but there is a blinker part and light part. This is the problem on my truck...

Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
motoidiot7

I did a search and found a 2000 durango with about the same problem. he said there were two blinkers up front on each sideand one of the bulbs were out, so I may check on that. But all four blinkers work, all the way around the truck. The running lights come on and work and all the blinkers work. A buddy just mentioned that maybe my trailer wires are grounded out, but if that was the case wouldnt my flashers blink fast also?? Im confused......

Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Make sure that one of the two filaments per bulb are not shot.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:53 PM
motoidiot7

I think i might have figured it out. In the yellow portion of the lights there are three bulbs, two for blinkers and one for lights. Unless your paying really close attention, you wont notice if the outer blinker bulb is burned, unless you get really close to it and look at the lighting difference. Tomorrow I shall pull that part out and check that bulb. Update afterwards.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 PM
motoidiot7

Figured out the issue. Once I figured out how to get the blinker portion out, after I pulled the whole headlight assy out (which is a pain in the rear), one of the bubls had just got loose, I pushed it back in and everything works fine. Kinda weird how it got loose, cause theyre so tight in there but oh well.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
chris1974
Veteran

glad you figured it out bro, and thanks for the update....

Old 11-07-2007, 09:43 PM
mongo001

Just went through this hell on my driver's side. I took apart the front light assembly, thinking I missed one of the two lights. NOPE. Icleaned up the ground. NOPE. I took apart the rear light assembly. The light's good. I clean up the ground. NO DICE. I take apart the connector and swap it to the passenger's side. NOPE. Come to find out I had a broken wire in the harness side of the connector. So I took it apart, without breaking it too much. Wish I had a solder gun so I could permanently attach the wire, but I don't, so I gently spread the crimped connector and recrimped it. I'll probably go to a junk yard soon and cut off another connector and hard solder the wires, then heat shrink them, so it's more permanent. But for now, after hours of chasing, I have normal blinkers.

Quick Reply: Blinker Issue!