2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

well im a dumbass

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:48 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: well im a dumbass

i think i have got you all beat. not long ago, while changing my thermostat, i was tightening the last bolt back on and snapped it off. ended up trying to get it out with an ezout, that didnt work, tried drilling it out, that didnt work... ended up mangling up the intake manifold so bad even if i wouldve got the bolt out it wouldve leaked water everywhere. so I ended up ordering a stage one intake from hughes engines and waiting like a month to get it.. all the while driving my old dakota 5 speed with power nothing and no heat. Finally about 450$ later i got the new manifold on... all for a 6$ part and what shouldve been a 20 minute job. the only good that came out of it is... that stage one manifold made a big improvement.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:22 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well this just down right sucks, got a call from my transmission guy who rebuilt my trans back in the summer. he was doing the work on my oil pan to remove the drain plug. anyway he gives me a shout " hey, trying to move that drain plug, the head snapped off and the threaded end of the bolt is in the oil pan, im going to tow your truck over to my buddy's garage and hes going to take the repair from there, he may have to pull the engine if it's that necessary". atleast i dont have to pay him for that work, so im thrilled, gonna have to pay this other guy who's going to have one hell of a time getting that oil pan out

Old 01-01-2008, 10:06 AM
pwdrhaulr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My kid brother and I built a Pro Street 70 Chevelle 454 SS. The 454 RAT motor pushing 750HP on a single Edelbrock Predator carb. He dropped a screw down the carb and didn't notice or remebered until he did his burn out. 12g's worth of engine went Chernoboyl. Most expensive screw I ever knew because we found it embedded in a TRW forged piston that started the process ofexploding the engine.

Quick Reply: well im a dumbass