2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My last Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:59 AM
lidhead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My last Dodge

i agree w/ yooper. i just boughtmy 99 sport in apr i and have spent probably $2000 on just fixing it. Don't get me wrong it isn't dodge's fault, it looks great, but after spending all that money i still have to get the u joints replaced. i will be selling my truck this year and buy a NEWwrangler, i sold my wrangler to get thetruck, and that was the worst mistake i could have made. my jeep gave me no problems at all. here's a list ofwhat i have had to replace; clutch,shocks,2 front wheel bearings,and rotors/ pads. it's just a money pit. i knew i was buying used but damn gimme a break.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I think we all get fed up with a vehicle when it craps out, and despite the brand, can often bash it without trying to knock the company as a whole. I hate Ford vehicles, as they are junk, but there are people out there who swear by them and have great luck with them. Same goes for every auto manufacturer I can think of....Truth is, these things happen whenever you have an assembly line built product. 7 out of 10 vehicles can be built perfect, and then you'll get a lemon, and 2 vehicles with minor/major issues. It's common.

People need to realize that expressing your opinion is okay, and that being a diehard about anything can make you as bad as the person talking trash about what you love. There's a difference between being open minded and close minded, and some diehard fans get close minded.

Toyota is a great company and produces a great number of products. They have their problems as well, but what company doesnt? I love Dodge trucks, especially the Cummins Ram, but the truth is Dodge has dealt with too much stupidity at the helm the last 10 years or so, and has suffered as a whole because of it.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:32 AM
lidhead

you are right devilsreject, i am not bashing dodge, just this particular POS,after all i am going to be buying a jeep which is owned by dodge.what i was trying to say, was that i will not be buying used again. i am going to guess that if i would have bought a new dakota i would have loved it.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM
ricbrk
Professional

I had a 2000toyota tacomathat leaked oil like crazy, and was a rust bucket. It ate front tires, and when a tractor trailer passed you on the highway, it was a scary experience. The Dakota is a pleasure to drive, not much worse on gas, and except for a front end problem which has been resolved, has been very reliable. I'd invest the time to get yours straightened out.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont care if they are made in the U.S. the profits still go to Japan. **** Toyota and any other foreign car manufacturer. Now go ahead and flame me for saying that, i really dont care.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: wink2873

i dont care if they are made in the U.S. the profits still go to Japan. **** Toyota and any other foreign car manufacturer. Now go ahead and flame me for saying that, i really dont care.
Yet I'd bet $100 that 70% of what you own or buy is made in Taiwan, China, Japan, or Thailand.....your clothes, TV, computer, etc....

It's ignorance like that that only makes us look bad...

Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

as true as that is i try to buy american made stuff as much as i can find/afford, but its hard sometimes bc asian made stuff(not necessarily(sp?) cars) is alot cheaper but also doesnt last as long so there is a trade off

and this i just in my experience based on comparable items from an american vs asian manufacturer

Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet I'd bet $100 that 70% of what you own or buy is made in Taiwan, China, Japan, or Thailand.....your clothes, TV, computer, etc....
i'll take you up on that. If you're going by net worth of what I own, I guarantee you 90% of what I own is American. I have alot of stupid **** that doesnt cost much money that is made in japan or china, but the things I have that cost alot of money is U.S. made. I love it when people try to act like they're economists. It's not how much of something you sell, it's the final product's value. That is why the U.S. auto industry is so important to our economy. This is also the reason an assembly line worker makes 30$ an hour and a guy who works at mcdonalds makes 7$ an hour. The guy working at mcdonalds probably actually works much harder than the guy in the auto plant, but since he made a 1$ double cheeseburger and the guy at the auto plant made a 30,000$ vehicle, the auto worker makes more money, spends more money, and saves more money. to make a long story short, the money i spend goes into the pockets of american workers a ****load more than it does into foreign workers.
The total value of my two dakotas is probably around 13,000$
the total value of everything else i own, probably around 1,300$ even though it may look like i have alot more foreign stuff.
dont argue with me, i already told you i dont care what you think.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

you must be kidding me, how pointless is this conversation,for all you yahoo's, do you buy fuel?

Quick Reply: My last Dodge