2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Oil pressure problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil pressure problem.

ORIGINAL: shane_slone2000

Hey guys...thanks alot for all the help, but it turned out to be simply a loose oil filter.
Today i changed the oil again and took the oil filter off, no double o-ring, but it was a little loose. I re-installed it with alot more pressure this time and re-filled with oil, and have been on 2 drives and no problems and its holding oil good, according to the stick.
I have another ? though... i am about run some seafoam through.. but i have no idea where to pour it? i think i read maybe the brake vacuum line or something? could someone please explain where exactly this is? Thanks alot
I am glad you got he problem sorted out. The brake booster is the large, nearly basketball sized round "canister" under the hood in the general area where your steering wheel is. There is a large rubber hose going from it to your intake manifold. This is the line you use. With the motor running, make sure you run a VERY SMALL amount at a time through. If you put too much through it, you will stall the motor. You can get a cheap valve kit from your local auto parts store to be able to run it evenly and slowly. Once you finish running it, turn the motor off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Start it up and go for a drive...drive it like you stole it. You want to really drive it hard. All of the smoke you see are carbon deposits and left over sea foam burning. This can be an amazing sight for on-lookers.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:02 PM
shane_slone2000

Thanks alot. I am about to do....will post the results on the same forum tomorrow. Oh and i am going to mix 1/3 of it in the gas and 1/3 in the oil too....hope thats right!

Old 02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
shane_slone2000

Okay so i ran the seafoam through... not as much smoke as i expected...not sure if i did it right tho?
I mixed 1/3 in oil gas and vacuum hose...and let sit for about 25 mins (didnt mean to wait that long but was busy) then when i started it, it only gave a slight amount of smoke...even when running hard. it began to smoke alot while i was letting the truck idle and feeding it tho....did i let it sit for too long?
Either way.... i cam def tell it is alot peppier.
If anyon can help me and tell me if i let it sit too long or what... i really expected a smoke show...

Old 02-11-2008, 07:25 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

No, it might be just your truck didn't have much carbon, if you drive it hard a lot, well it probably will not do too much smoke. Iv seen some video's and my truck never spewed that much smoke ever.

Quick Reply: Oil pressure problem.