2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Turbo????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turbo????

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

wow... just wow.....

I guess my bed stripes not as good as a mod as your fake turbo and air filter leak.
LMAO!!!

got to love the fake turbo lol. I bet your truck will blow up soon especially if it has a filter leak , just pour some sand on it and see if it fixes it... It will also bore out your cylinders, bigger bore = more power! LMAO

Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bet loud pedal's favorite movie is fast and the furious...

Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Frenchy
Banned

I think you mean 2 Fast 2 Furious

Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no tokyo drift hahah u must love them good job burning me johnny. no one thinks it would be funny just to see the look on peoples faces when there is a turbo sitting there wow you guys are so freakin open minded. hey johnny when you get your fart tubes put on tell me, then i'll respect your dumb ***. At least I do mods to my truck that arent stupid like "super dak". Just because I can get a turbo and make it look like it belongs there because my CAI leaks alittle? A gasket is twisted so yeah a leak the size of a needle really "****s up" your engine. learn some mechanics, it doesnt hurt. oh and with 175,000 hmmm i think im bound for a rebuild soon. Think for a change and you'll see what actual sarcasm is. Im the one in High School, Im 16, and you guys act like you have a 3rd grade education.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually, a leak the size of a needle can cause a major malfunction. I remember when I was 16 and thought I knew everything. and by the way, the mods you do to your truck are stupid. IE: hyper green headlights, stupid 20 inch rims, putting "sport" on a quad cab SLT. the only thing thats worth a **** on your entire truck is the exhaust, and thats just for sound. I bet johnny magnum can go through mud that you cant and go faster than you can.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
MTN13
Veteran

people hear are not open minded they just know a dumbass idea when they see it. If you want to rig up a fake turbo go ahead, but when you see that look on peoples faces and they want to hear it run, or better yet race you, and they destroy you they will turn around and laugh in you face, and then i would like to see the look on your face as you leave in shame!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 PM
BlackOut04
Professional

Wow. If Your intake is leaking, it will cause your engine to run lean. Youll know when your check engine light comes on. im not going to bash anyones dakota, because there are things i like and that i dont like. i used to be all about lowering trucks but when i got my Dakota all i want to do is see how high i can lift it. but i still like some nice looking rims. but it just goes to show that everyone has their own likes and dislike. i like the super dak stripe. im looking to get one. but im not here to preach.

but i gotta say, please dont do the FAKE Turbo.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:26 PM
ricbrk
Professional

I like Johny's decal, and I plan to have the same guy who made his , make one for me this summer. I'm hoping he can do just a Ram Head inset on mine. Do any of you guys remember the exhaust tips years ago that had the spinners in them that spun when you started the vehicle and sounded like a jet ? Some guys used to drill the exhaust pipes in front of the tipand weld a bung in, and screwed a spark plug into each side, and had a coil in the trunk. If you gunned it and hit a switch that fired the plugs, it would throw flames.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 PM
BlackOut04
Professional

what runs the coil?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:42 AM
LAKOTA169
All Star

ORIGINAL: ricbrk

Do any of you guys remember the exhaust tips years ago that had the spinners in them that spun when you started the vehicle and sounded like a jet ? Some guys used to drill the exhaust pipes in front of the tipand weld a bung in, and screwed a spark plug into each side, and had a coil in the trunk. If you gunned it and hit a switch that fired the plugs, it would throw flames.
Like this? My son's '55 Merc. BTW, the spinning tips had nothing to do with the flame throwers. You can by the kits to install flame throwers (not legal on the street), But they are not for cars with cat convertors.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21107/A3EA10E952934DAD83B1D29B49329936.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Turbo????