2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Turbo????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:49 AM
LAKOTA169
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turbo????

ORIGINAL: BlackOut04

what runs the coil?
It's wired into your ignition system. When you press the button, it kills your ignition so the engine plugs don't fire. This sends raw gas into your exhaust and the plugs in the tail pipe fires and ignites the gas. The raw gas will kill your convertor.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
ricbrk
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea my uncle had them on an old oldsmobile. I wish I had pictures. He had these tips that spun, and when he accelerated strong, they spun so fast it sounded like a jet taking off. Then he would hit the button on the flame throwers, and flames would come out of the back, sometimes 6 feet with the spinners going. Used to scare the hell out of us kids. Todays cars wouldn't allow you to do that with the controls on them.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

ORIGINAL: LoudPedal45

At least I do mods to my truck that arent stupid like "super dak".
Are you serious?!?! A fake turbo isn't a stupid mod?? But a decal is? Genius, pure genius. LMFAO You were dropped on your head weren't you?

Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Alright everyone, play nice or this thread goes bye bye.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:12 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1 that, how come we cant along like the guys over in the cummins board?

.. and im lovin johnny magnums stripe, truly individual and sweet as hell

Old 03-12-2008, 10:37 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the guys on the cummins board all give each other reach arounds, thats why they get along so well.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:57 PM
heavyk298
Banned

this board has become worthless..."cold air intake"..."im going to do an engine swap" how many people have actually done one? any question that is asked, the only thing that anyone says is "do a search" this used to be a place for useful information, but now all it is a playground for idiots who want to argue over a fake turbo, and a graphic on some guys truck...none of it matters

Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

First off it was an idea. Because the leak whistles like a turbo. Like it ****ing matters if my engine blows or its a dumb idea. It would get some wierd looks and would be a laugh. I dont claim to konw everything, and if I did I would be wrong. You can come look for yourself, Ive checked the leak, its so small it doesnt ****ing matter. It doesnt run lean or rich, it runs fine, trust me ive had it tuned because the previous owner cut off the cats.

The headlights, the rear visor, and the Dakota sport were on there when I bought it, so you can suck my left ****ing nut. I paid $240 for the 20's. No one here would pass that up for a set of 20's. You could resell them for more than $240. Who says Im keeping them forever, I would like some different wheels anyway, but these look nice.

Being open minded makes forums great. Saying, "thats different, I wouldnt do it, but do what you want, its your vehicle". You dont bash on everything. I can do what the **** i want. **** off with your gay *** Super Dak stripe and being high and mighty. Im 16 and have done more to this truck that half of you dumbasses, and I do it myself, I dont pay others to do my work for me. Im doing an engine swap, and converting to a 5 speed. When you guys do something worth the time then i'll respect you. Stop getting butt hurt from being shown up by a 16 year old and shut up.

You can all go to hell. This forum is worthless with dumb****s like you. Go rice out your trucks. Nothing ive done is rice, go read a ****ing dictionary.

Mods please close this thread.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow i guess we were wrong... it takes great mechanical expertise to not be able to put a gasket on right so it sounds like a turbo. and what else have you done all by yourself? put different wheels on... wow. at least the things ive done to my truck are functional. Let us know when you do convert your truck to a 5 speed and do an engine swap, maybe then you'll get some respect. you should really watch your mouth too, your mom might read this one day mr. almighty 16 year old. by the way, what engine/trans combo are you picking? or have you even thought about that.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
spencea15
Record Breaker

Look man we were just laughing at the idea untill you started to make fun of a decal and call that stupid. And you are right a fake turbo would be funny if i ever saw one i would be rolling on the ground laughing my *** off. If you do not want to hear **** then do not start it.
And also I would not have paid 100 for those, it is a truck and it is to easy to mess up rims with that little sidewall when doing work. A truck is built to work (with some exceptions) and should be worked.
I would also like to know what engine you will put in. I think you should get a hemi.

Also how the hell is a Super Dakota a Ram? Last time i checked they are totaly differnet except for parts of the drive train.

And how old are you really you post says 16 but your file says you are 19.

Quick Reply: Turbo????