2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity Six speaker system help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
simon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Infinity Six speaker system help

I've never joined any forum, but have benefited from them in the past, so here's my first shot at this forum thing. Thought I'd add to all the help you've already received. I've got a 98 Dakota w/infinity. While I do plan a larger system in the future (thunderforms, components, dynamat,etc.), I got a freebie "junk" JVC from a buddy when we installed a new Alpine in his car. The "junk" deck had a couple wires screwed up from previous install, so figured I may as well use it after I repaired that. From help on this forum, I figured out I just needed to power up the factory amp, and I was good to go. I am using some Infinity two-ways I had laying around for the front doors, but just the factory in rear. The ONLY thing I did aside from a basic install was to run the remote lead from the deck to the factory amp. I left the factory tweets disconnected - Infinity's have plenty of high end. Granted, it's no competition system, and there is no bass (gotta wait for some $$$ for some subs), but considering I just swapped out the deck and front speakers, it's a pretty decent setup for my work truck (for now anyway).

Old 03-13-2008, 06:28 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Infinity Six speaker system help

jus so ya know the factory amp turn on is in the wiring harness behind the deck ull have to update us on ur progress!!

Quick Reply: Infinity Six speaker system help