2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity Six speaker system help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
spencea15
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Six speaker system help

Ok I have a 2000 dakota slt with the infinity six speaker system. I need a new head unit but if i get a new head unit will i need a anything so the the front componit door speakers will work? Are ther any aftermarket tweeters that will fit in the door cover with out any mobifications? Will I need to bypase the 100watt amp?

Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: Infinity Six speaker system help

yes the amp will need to be turned on, use ur blue/white wire as trigger, this goes to pin numero7 its a light green wire, however ur wasting ur time, in mine i rewired the whole thing, the infinity system is junk, speakers are junk,I used all middle of the roadlightning audio componets, lil 500 watt amp for the mains 1000 to the sub, more than enough power, the sub was in aa custom box that fit under the rear seat. take the time do it right, you won't be dissapointed

Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Yeah I ran an aftermarket headunit with the factory infinity system for a while, then ended up bypassing the amp and replacing speakers.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:47 PM
MTN13
Veteran

I replaced the speakers in my truck to upgraded infinitys and i still have the stock amp, my speakers sound nice but i was thinking of bypassing the stock one and adding a seperate amp, what do i have to do in order to do that. i am not a huge electrical guy but i think if someone explains it to me i can do it myself. I think if i do that the speakers i put in there would sound better, they kind of break up when i crank the volume, will a different amp make them better or am i pushing the speakers to the limit already? and also where is the stock one located?

Old 03-09-2008, 10:33 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTN13

I replaced the speakers in my truck to upgraded infinitys and i still have the stock amp, my speakers sound nice but i was thinking of bypassing the stock one and adding a seperate amp, what do i have to do in order to do that. i am not a huge electrical guy but i think if someone explains it to me i can do it myself. I think if i do that the speakers i put in there would sound better, they kind of break up when i crank the volume, will a different amp make them better or am i pushing the speakers to the limit already? and also where is the stock one located?
i'm wondering that same thing would a small amp to all 4 speakers make them sound better when the volumes up more or would it be to much for them.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

yes, 500 watts, (or so)and componets will get you the best sound.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:22 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star

By swapping out the speakers with aftermarket ones you've basically cut the factory Infinity amplifiers power in half. The factory Inifnitys are 2ohm speakers, aftermarkets are usually 4ohm, so that cuts down on the power. Bypassing the amps are fairly simple. I used a couple aftermarket subaru stereo harnesses so my byppass just plugs right intot he factory plugs, but you can use simple speaker wire and hardwire it. You're just basically making a jumper from the plug that plugs INTO the factory amp, to the plug that goes OUT to the speakers.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

or do it the hard way,I re-wired the whole thing, but for 50-70 rms watts the stock wires are a bit lacking IMO

Old 03-11-2008, 06:18 PM
MTN13
Veteran

ok i think i am going to hardwire to bypass the amp but i am kind of confused on how to do that. I read what you wrote but im not that educated on electrical, do you have any pics on what wires to rig up. thanks

Old 03-13-2008, 12:30 PM
02dakotakid
Professional

i am getting ready to put in the kicker ss series components. i already have a 10 kicker sub behind the seat. im pushing the components with a 650.4 amp. cant wait to wake up the neighbors. lol[sm=lildevil.gif]

Quick Reply: Infinity Six speaker system help