2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

intake question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: intake question

If you are going to buy one of those buy that crazy heat wrap and make the intake go lower. (People use the heat wrap for their rails... )

Old 03-12-2008, 02:14 AM
scandal669
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to ricbrk---most of the stuff i have read on this site and from other websites it seems the majority of people didnt get enough or any gain to warrant spending all the money on an intake system. ive done alot of research on it and i really dont think it is worth the money for a name brand system or the work to even make one yourself...most people are happy just putting a good drop in filter in and maybe re-routing the hose that goes into the airbox to get more air going inand calling it a day.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:55 AM
griffster36
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put in the K&N FIPK about a week and half ago. I had thought about doing the cheap chrome tube, but after reading around about them on various sites the "fit and finish" was a huge complaint. Also, when it comes down to resale, I believe the K&N is much more impressive to look at then a cheap chrome tubing or PVC piping and possible adds some (not much) value and a plus to any future buyer.

Also after installing the K&N FIPK I was really impressed with the fit and finish it had, mounting to all of the stock components perfectly. I will try and post some pics when I go home for lunch.

So far I have noticed about 1-1.5 avg mpg more. And as an added bonus it sounds a little beefier Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: intake question