2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2004 DODGE DAKODA 4X4....JUNK!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008 | 11:26 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2004 DODGE DAKODA 4X4....JUNK!

lol grow up, suck it up, ur a grown woman, welcome to a little thing we call life, you got it for free, its gna break down, take it to the mechanic. Don't bitch on a DF that ur truck sucks when ur the problem.

Old 04-05-2008 | 11:26 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

http://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/warr...4cdj100103.pdf<-- 2004 Dakota warranty booklet. See page 7. For other years/models, go here.
[align=left]2.2 Powertrain Limited Warranty[/align][align=left]A. Who is Covered?[/align][align=left]You are covered by the Powertrain Limited[/align][align=left]Warranty if you are the first purchaser for use of[/align][align=left]the vehicle. You are also covered if you are the[/align][align=left]second purchaser for use of the vehicle, and have[/align][align=left]paid the $150 transfer fee within 30 days of[/align][align=left]purchase. See Section 2.2.F for more information[/align]about transfer of coverage.[align=left]B. What’s Covered[/align][align=left]The Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all[/align][align=left]parts and labor needed (less a $100 deductible per[/align][align=left]repair visit at the end of the 3 Year/36,000 Mile[/align][align=left]Basic Limited Warranty) to repair a defective[/align][align=left]powertrain component on your vehicle listed in[/align][align=left]section 2.2.I below supplied by DaimlerChrysler[/align][align=left]Corporation that is defective in material, workmanship[/align]or factory preparation.[align=left]C. Towing Costs Are Covered[/align][align=left]The Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of[/align][align=left]towing your vehicle to the nearest Chrysler, Dodge[/align][align=left]or Jeep dealer if your vehicle can’t be driven[/align]because a covered part has failed.[align=left]D. When It Begins[/align][align=left]The Powertrain Warranty begins at the end of the Basic[/align][align=left]Limited Warranty, on either of the following dates,[/align][align=left]whichever is earlier:[/align][align=left]• the date your vehicle has been in service for[/align][align=left]more than 36 months; or[/align][align=left]• the date you've put more than 36, 000 miles on[/align][align=left]the odometer.[/align][align=left]E. When It Ends[/align][align=left]The Powertrain Warranty lasts for 7 years from the date[/align][align=left]your vehicle has been in-service or 70,000 miles on the[/align]odometer, whichever occurs first, to the first owner.
<skip>[align=left]I.Parts Covered[/align][align=left]The Powertrain Warranty covers these parts and[/align][align=left]components of your vehicle's powertrain:[/align][align=left]Gasoline Engine: cylinder block and all internalparts;[/align][align=left]cylinder head assemblies; timing case, timing chain,[/align][align=left]timing belt, gears and sprockets; vibration damper; oil[/align][align=left]pump; water pump and housing; intake and exhaust[/align][align=left]manifolds; flywheel with starter ring gear; core plugs;[/align][align=left]valve covers; oil pan; turbocharger housing and internal[/align][align=left]parts; turbocharger wastegate actuator; supercharger;[/align][align=left]serpentine belt tensioner; seals and gaskets for listed[/align]components only.[align=left]Transmission: transmission case and all internal[/align][align=left]parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission[/align][align=left]range switch; transmission control module; bell[/align][align=left]housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed[/align][align=left]components only.[/align][align=left]NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS[/align][align=left]ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.[/align][align=left]Front Wheel Drive: transaxle case and all internal[/align][align=left]parts; axle shaft assemblies; constant velocity joints[/align][align=left]and boots; differential cover; oil pan; transaxle speed[/align][align=left]sensors; transaxle solenoid assembly; PRNDL position[/align][align=left]switch; transaxle electronic controller; torque converter;[/align][align=left]seals and gaskets for listed components only.[/align][align=left]NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH[/align]PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.[align=left]All Wheel Drive (AWD): power transfer unit and all[/align][align=left]internal parts; viscous coupler; axle housing and all[/align][align=left]internal parts; constant velocity joints and boots;[/align][align=left]driveshaft and axle shaft assemblies; differential[/align][align=left]carrier assembly and all internal parts; output ball[/align][align=left]bearing; output flange; end cover; overrunning[/align][align=left]clutch; vacuum motor; torque tube; pinion spacer and[/align][align=left]shim, seals and gaskets for listed components only.[/align][align=left]Rear WheelDrive: rear axle housing and all internal[/align][align=left]parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shaft[/align][align=left]assemblies; drive shaft center bearings; universal[/align][align=left]joints and yokes; seals and gaskets for listed[/align]components only.[align=left]Four-Wheel Drive (4X4): transfer case and all[/align][align=left]internal parts; transfer case control module and shift[/align][align=left]mode motor assembly; axle housing and all internal[/align][align=left]parts; axle shafts; axle shaft bearings; drive shafts[/align][align=left]assemblies (front and rear); drive shaft center bearings;[/align][align=left]universal joints and yokes; disconnect housing assembly;[/align]seals and gaskets for the listed components only.
However, as stated on page 21
[align=left]5. Emission Warranties Required[/align][align=left]By Law[/align][align=left]5.1 Federal Emission Warranty[/align]
A. Parts Covered for 2 Years or 24,000 Miles[align=left]Federal law requires DaimlerChrysler Motors[/align][align=left]Company LLC ("DaimlerChrysler") to warrant the[/align][align=left]following emissions parts for 2 years or 24,000[/align][align=left]miles, whichever occurs first. DaimlerChrysler[/align][align=left]covers all of these parts under the Basic Limited[/align][align=left]Warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever[/align][align=left]occurs first.[/align][align=left]• Air system controls;[/align]• distributor and its components;[align=left]• electronic fuel injection system, including[/align][align=left]injector;[/align][align=left]• evaporative-emission canister and controls;[/align][align=left]• exhaust manifold;[/align][align=left]• exhaust gas recirculation valve and control[/align][align=left]system;[/align][align=left]• exhaust pipes (between exhaust manifold and[/align][align=left]catalyst);[/align][align=left]• fuel cap and tank assembly, pump, and fuel[/align][align=left]lines;[/align][align=left]• ignition coil and ignition module; [/align][align=left]• intake manifold;[/align][align=left]• on-board diagnostic-system components;[/align][align=left]• oxygen sensors;[/align][align=left]• positive crankcase-ventilation (PCV) valve or[/align][align=left]orifice;[/align][align=left]• secondary ignition wires;[/align]• spark plugs;[align=left]• throttle body;[/align][align=left]• transmission-control module;[/align][align=left]• vacuum hoses, clamps, and fittings, as well as[/align][align=left]tubing used for these components;[/align][align=left]• vacuum, temperature, altitude, speed, timesensitive[/align][align=left]valves, sensors, and switches used in these[/align]components and systems.
I say try anyways...

Old 04-05-2008 | 11:35 PM
DAKODA GIRL

THANK YOU DODGERULES86
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH !
LIKE I SAID, I LOVE MY TRUCK AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT.
I ALREADY THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE A MONDAY OR FRIDAY TRUCK AND COULD JUST BE MY LUCK THAT IT IS ! I KNOW ALOT OF GUYS THAT WORKED AT FORD AND THEY TOLD ME ABOUT THE MONDAY, FRIDAY THING SO I GET IT !
TRUST ME, I AM A "BIG" DODGE FAN AND I THINK THEY HAVE THE BEST LOOKING VEHICLES.

Old 04-06-2008 | 12:20 AM
f0x672
Champion

your best bet is do some research on your end when you walk into the dealership and know what your talking about, im pretty damn certain your coil pack failed, if im not mistaken, when you said your check engine light came on and yet the engine was running fine, it may have been a tattle-tell code, pretty much telling you one of the coils is on its way out, this is a big thing on international trucks according to my electronics instructor who works at a international truck dealership.. but ya, go there and give em hell, knowledge is power, and if they still b/s you, call coperate and tell em, better off with a letter, these jerkoff dealerships represent the company, sad service = bad reputation for the whole company

Old 04-06-2008 | 08:53 AM
ricbrk
Professional

[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif] Everything is purple [sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 04-06-2008 | 11:09 AM
LAKOTA169
All Star

ORIGINAL: DAKODA GIRL

SO I REALLY DON'T NEED YOU BITCHING AT ME ABOUT STUPID ****, YOU SOUND LIKE MY EX !

IF THE KIDS WERE FIGHTING THEY COULD'NT JUMP OVER THE SEAT AND I COULD BIFF THEM WHEN NEED BE!
I can see why he would want to be an "EX"

Old 04-06-2008 | 10:09 PM
kjun
Professional

First thing you should do is find your paper work from when you bought the truck. You know the stack of papers we stick is some forgotten drawer in our excitement of our new purchase. If you can find it, it should reference your warranty and whats covered and not. I would almost bet you have the 7/70. I thought that was pretty standard anymore. If you can find it take it to the dealer.

Assuming you can prove the 7/70, next thing you should do, is take the truck to the dealer and if they treat you poorly because you are a woman than take someone with you. Maybe even your mechanic friend assuming its a dude. Dealers will always try to deny a warranty. Its in their best interest to make $$$. Its not right, but it is what it is. Just don't give up when you think you're right on the warrantly. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Then if it is a bent valve as he thinks, it should be covered by the 7/70. But if its the coil it won't be covered but it also won't be 3 grand either.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2008 | 11:23 PM
00DakR/T
Veteran

I would definately call the dealer on this one. I can say one thing in defense of all 3.7 owners who get the mysterious misfire problem. I know you said yours is an 04 and I'm not sure that the technical service bulletin covers back to 04, but the 3.7 does have a valve issue. The intake valves sometimes will accumulate carbon on the valve face due to lack of valve rotation as the engine is running. Over time this build up gets to where the intake valve will not close properly and cause a misfire when the ignition coil, spark plugs, fuel injectors and engine compression are all ok. I have had to perform this service bulletin on a few Libertys and Dakotas.

Old 05-27-2008 | 02:50 PM
DAKODA GIRL
Default UP DATE ON 04 3.7 JUNK TRUCK....

IF YOU OWN A 2004 DAKOTA 3.7 4X4 HERE IS ALITTLE INFO.
I HAVE CHECKED ON. I PRICED A REBUILT MOTOR FOR MY TRUCK THROUGH NAPA WHO USED THE SAME COMPANY OF A WEBSITE I WAS TOLD TO CHECK OUT. THIS IS WHAT I'M LOOKING AT TO FIX MY TRUCK. $450.00 CORE FEE, $3,945 MOTOR INCLUDS A, LONG BLOCK, W/ HEADS, OIL PAN, TIME COVER AND WAR.
INSTALLATION KIT $200.- $300. OR BY SEPERATE.
WHEN NAPA WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THE COMPANY, HE ASKED HER TO ASK ME WHAT WAS WRONG WITH MY MOTOR. I TOLD HIM A DEAD CYLANDER AN POSSIABLE BENT VALVE.
HIS REPLY WAS THEY HAVE A LOT OF CORES THAT COME BACKTHE SAME DODGE MOTOR WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS!
DODGE WON'T PUT A RECALL ON IT BECAUSE IT IS NOT A SAFTY FACTOR. SO WORD UP !

Old 05-27-2008 | 03:39 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Default RE: UP DATE ON 04 3.7 JUNK TRUCK....

and who actually confirmed that you had internal engine damage?BTW 4000$ is way too much for a rebuilt motor, I dont care who you are or what kind of motor you're getting. I would look around some more. You can get a junkyard motor for under a grand.

Quick Reply: 2004 DODGE DAKODA 4X4....JUNK!