2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

question about diffs

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 08:17 AM
hardwired
Default RE: question about diffs

Jason, its not that i was trying to get offensive, by opinions i meant that i dont know about welding diffs and would like to hear from people who may have done this to find out if it worked out like i thought it would or not, i know about building cars and know the purpose of the diff and how it works to an extent as far as allowing one wheel to spin faster than the other, open diff vs locked vs lsd. i really never meant anyone to say whether or not it was a good idea, if i was misleading in that aspect of the question then i appologize. i was looking basically to become a little more informed on the process and effectiveness of doing it like that. i dont mean to flame anyone to be honest but i dont like the fact that people are trying to force their opinion saying that its a bad idea etc... in the original post i said it was a bad idea IF i were to drive in on pavement, which implies that i not only know its a bad idea but dont plan on actually taking on the road. if anyone took offense as to how i said things i apologize, i know that i can be brash at times especially when i feel that i am being "attacked" for lack of a better word.

edit: BTW i am new to forums, i never had a need to join one or anything so i never did. i joined this forum because this is actually a truck that i can say ive owned and love and have grown a newfound respect for this truck after how well this truck has done for me since i bought it 180,xxx miles ago. i am not trying to be an a$$ or anything it is kinda just the way i get when i get defensive. i actually really like the forum and everything, people here SEEM generally nice and its nice to see some people with the same hobbies/jobs/interest as i do.

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:46 PM
JasonA
Veteran
Default RE: question about diffs

ORIGINAL: hardwired

i dont mean to flame anyone to be honest but i dont like the fact that people are trying to force their opinion saying that its a bad idea etc...
Well, I think it was all in good intent. I don't consider anyone offering their opinion as forcing it on you. Folks just said they thought it was a bad idea. That was yours to take or leave as you choose. Nobody came to your house with a gun (at least I hope not!) saying, "don't weld the diff or else!"

We allget a lot of differing opinions on everything. And that's great, because that just offers everyone some insight on another way to look at the situation. We agree on things and we disagree on things. It's all done in the quest to learn more about our trucks and how to maintain and enjoy them.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: question about diffs