2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

DIY HHOGENERATOR

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: DIY HHOGENERATOR

Also, I just thought of using the windshield washer reservior as a water tank? At least it has a sensor to let you know when your water is running low!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:49 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

that could work as long as you can fit the plates into it, and you dont use your windshield washers, and i wanted to so that i could work to maximize the power draw w/o blowing my fuse, but i dont have an ammeter to test it with, or else i would get some numbers for you

Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
BoeingMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you explain the entire premise of all this. Pardon my ignorance in advance.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2008, 01:26 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

the idea is (in the simplest shortest terms i can possibly make it) you run electricity through water to make hydrogen and oxygen, then you put that hydrogen and oxygen(HHO) into your air intake and the hydrogen will replace some of the gasoline in the combustion chamber hence you will burn less gas

Old 06-26-2008, 01:32 PM
BoeingMan
Professional

ORIGINAL: shrpshtr325

the idea is (in the simplest shortest terms i can possibly make it) you run electricity through water to make hydrogen and oxygen, then you put that hydrogen and oxygen(HHO) into your air intake and the hydrogen will replace some of the gasoline in the combustion chamber hence you will burn less gas
Hey thanks for the info. After I posted my question, I did a little research of my own. The technology sounds very promising.

I am a tinkerer of sorts myself and may give this stuff a try myself.

Thanks for posting.

Old 06-27-2008, 12:25 AM
cleverusername
Rookie

i think the only way to really test it, is by removing the gas tank and using that as the primary source of fuel. it would be much easier to start out with a small lawn mower engine. something that doesn't require a massive draw of fuel and would be easier to modify. if you could get that to operate, then i believe you would have concrete undisputable proof, and would make it easier to build on a larger scale.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 AM
adamk

ORIGINAL: shrpshtr325

Careful, you are treading dangerously close to violating the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics Don't forget that it takes a considerable amount more energy to separate the water molecule than you could ever get back by burning the hydrogen and oxygen. Otherwise you'd have a perpetual motion machine on your hands.

Pardon my ignorance on the subject also though. But I think you may be fighting a losing battle efficiency wise, thermodynamically speaking.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
adamk

ORIGINAL: cleverusername

i think the only way to really test it, is by removing the gas tank and using that as the primary source of fuel. it would be much easier to start out with a small lawn mower engine. something that doesn't require a massive draw of fuel and would be easier to modify. if you could get that to operate, then i believe you would have concrete undisputable proof, and would make it easier to build on a larger scale.
This would be a perpetual motion machine

Start with water -> add electricity -> get H2 and O2 -> combust -> generate energy (more electricity) -> exhaust the reconstituted H2O back into the container thus completing the loop!

Too bad we can't get 100% or higher efficiency...

Old 06-28-2008, 12:55 AM
RoaminGnome
All Star

Well this seems easy enough and like everyone else Im interested aswell. Also curious as to how long the water lasts

Old 06-28-2008, 11:41 AM
nomolos1
Rookie

Some friends and myself have been tinkering with it. You CAN up your amperage with the baking soda. Start with a qt. of the distilled water and a tea spoon of the soda. We used an old car battery and inline fuses to see how much amps it would pull. One of the guys put 3 heaping table spoons, needless to say we pop 30 AMP fuses pretty quick. Or get an amp meter to watch. The Baking soda WILL up your amps. It is a cattlelist. You have to take in mind, you will work your altenator to. You can have a stereo place install an additional altenator or just get a higher amperage altenator, if one is made for your application.