2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

DIY HHOGENERATOR

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM
nomolos1
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DIY HHOGENERATOR

Hey Folks,
Go to the HHO thread too. There is some good information. Plus we have some results that are very impressive.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have also ordered some KOH. It is just as good of a base as bakingsoda, but it doesn't clog the lines like b.s. eventually will. Only costs like $25 for 2 lbs, it is slightly caustic so you should wear gloves and not inhale the fumes, but other than that safer than battery acid for fumes or touch. Like I posted on the other HHO thread this site is loaded with info and hundreds of people using these systems and has forum to help take allot of the guess work out. You do have to pay for access, but worth it if you are going to try this stuff out. There is a marketplace link loaded with companies that have pre-built systems, enhancers, etc. and everybody is helping each other out. Gotta fight BIG-GAS somehow and I hope this is one way to do it.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
duff73
Rookie

Just wondering if anyone has any milage numbers yet. I have been following this in the Durango section and waiting patiently for some numbers to pop up. Does anyone know what kind of costs are being incurred installing this setup?

Thanks people!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i dont have mileage numbers bc im still on my first tank w/ it but my overhead is showing about normal for me, but ive been driving it harder than i have been to see what it does and total cost is mentioned in the write up it cost me 2.88+tax for 10 feet of hose and 3.75+tax for a tube of epoxy so it cost me less than $10 usd to make mine(in the write up)

Old 07-06-2008, 09:49 PM
smleblanc

I'm just finishing up my HHO unit to put in my 2004 Dakota 4.7 V8.
The idea of the HHO is not to replace the gas at all,more to help burn the wasted gas thus improving the efficiency of the combustion in the engine.
The problem with this is that the O2 Sensors now see more Oxygen and send the computer commands to richen the gas. That is why most people starting out do not actually see a gain in fuel efficiency, they actually see it get worse and get discouraged.

You need to run at EFIE device to trick the O2 into sending a different signal to the computer to lean out yourself out. I just bought one of these dual deluxe units and this site if is full of very useful information and so is the forums.
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/

Will post my data and video's when complete.

Good Luck!
Shawn.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
Default RE: DIY HHO GENERATOR

ok UPDATED WITH RESULTS, check the first post its all there for easier access

Old 07-16-2008, 01:31 PM
smleblanc
Default RE: DIY HHO GENERATOR

Wow, nice job.
I'm incorporating a switch into mine and into the ignition as well so I'm just finishing up with the last parts now before I install it.
I will update with my results as well!