2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

stupid irresponsible people..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid irresponsible people..

So about a month ago, my dad had to borrow my truck to go to our work place since I used his Ram for room for my friends (On one of my only days off..I'm so lucky) Anyway, he had the truck parked in the same place all day. So at the end of the day as he's leaving, he noticed pieces of broken tail light on the ground, he didn't look at my truck for damage, thought =\ So the next day I'm walking out of a dentist appointment and I notice something wasn't right from a distance on my rear bumper. To my suprise...there was a good inch of paint gone. I was ready to punch a random person in the face. So I go back to where the truck was parked, picked up some of the pieces and I began my search. I work at an apartment complex, so I had good chances. A week later, I found the car with a broken tail light, and I immediately get teh broken pieces and tried to fit it in...fit PERFECTLY. I politely knock on her door and I knew she was home, and there was no answer, so I took pictures and called the cops. 10 - 15 minutes later I show him where the car is at, and she was gone, so I was like *damnit.* So 2 days later the cops come back to check on her...they finally got a hold of her, and I got her insurance info. She was denying it the whole time. The cops actually called her insurance, and they called me. So they go through the whole information procedure, and they said they still have to talk to her and they'll call me back. 3 weeks later...I still have not gotten a call, so I called them. They said they did not talk yet, I was liek BULL****...that's 3 weeks already, and my **** is starting to rust. It's $473 to repair....someone owes me a lot. Then they said "Since nobody actually saw her do it, unless she admits to it, we won't pay for it." I called the cops back and they said I have to talk to my insurance, and even then I'd have to pay a deductible which isn't even worth it. The system FAILS. Her lying denying mouth works over pure evidence. I never get in accidents so I get bull**** like this in return...

Old 07-15-2008, 02:14 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: stupid unresponsible people..

I know how you feel, ive been screwed many times by the system. When a Robber brakes into your house and hurts himself and ACTUALLY has the ability to sue you "the person being robbed" the system is VERY VERY VERY VEEEERRRRRRY ****ed up! No this didn't happen to me, but it has happened before to other people.

Ive had multiple things happen to me, we have been robbed in plain daylight at out old house, we have been into a hit an run accident and got the plates and found where the guy lived, and i had a ford ranger totaled out my a Mexican with no insurance, DL, green card, didnt speak english... all 3 of those the cops/detectives/lawyers couldn't lift a finger to help us. Now i have no respect for the system at all. Jury Duty will be a nightmare when they ask "does anyone not want to be here" ill give them a very long story of the above and walk out.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, someone hit my truck SO HARD in the parking lot at my college that the tailgate is un fixable and has to be replaced and the roll-pan too. did they leave a note?. F**K NO! that was 6 weeks ago, and since i'm your typical broke *** college kid, u think like $600 worth of paint and repair is gonna get done anytime soon? ya me neither. its a shame too, my R/T was soooo clean.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 PM
marchant
Professional

If it were me, that woman's car might just get into a freak accident right about now. Its strange how karma works its magic

Old 07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rtdakota2001

yeah, someone hit my truck SO HARD in the parking lot at my college that the tailgate is un fixable and has to be replaced and the roll-pan too. did they leave a note?. F**K NO! that was 6 weeks ago, and since i'm your typical broke *** college kid, u think like $600 worth of paint and repair is gonna get done anytime soon? ya me neither. its a shame too, my R/T was soooo clean.
Moments like that would make me install surveillance cameras. Yea, and I have no money to pay for it...might as well cheap-paint it myself. That's why this pisses me off. I work my *** off to keep the truck running well and looking good, and I'm a careful driver who of course likes to speed a little bit much, but at least I'm aware of wtf I'm doing. I cannot believe a woman with a small-*** Jetta can't get out of a parking space backwards without hitting a car.

ORIGINAL: marchant

If it were me, that woman's car might just get into a freak accident right about now. Its strange how karma works its magic
The cop told me she already has a bad driving record...go figure why she's denying it. I swear...since the system is this messed up...I might as well slash her tires and throw rocks through her windows overnight. N01 SAW MII MIRITE?!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:43 PM
MTN13
Veteran

something like that happened to my mom. her dodge spirit was parked on the side of our driveway, and while we were gone the neighbors across the street had company over. well when she left she pulled out of there driveway and hit the driverside rear door of our car and kept backing up all the way to the front quarter panel leaving an inch dent all of the way down the side of the car, but when we found out and called the cops she was long gone, and someone saw it happen. she denied the whole thing enev though you could see the paint on her bumper, the cops said that since she denied it and the car was unocupied there was nothing they could do.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

/tires ...lol

So...someone saw it...and yet she still got away?

Old 07-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

this is the exact reason i hate traffic/non traffic cops.....they are the MOST WORTHLESS THIGNS ON THIS EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omfg....thats y when i see a cop i jsut give him a stare that says" ima ****ing kill you"

i got to school late (at 9:40) and my cousin brought me some oil and a filter for me to change at 11. i go out and pick up my truck and drive it in and park it to be lifted....and a fellow student says.."wtf happen" and i look....and you can clearly see knuckle prints in a dent about the size of a softball right above the rear tire on the driver side....i went to the office to talk to the resource officer there and he wrote me up a w/e adn said ill get back to you and well keep a close eye on it now.....even though we have secerty cameras on the lot my truck just so happens to be like 2 feet out of camera range(omfg).....so i went to my cousin to see what it would cost to fix and he just takes a suction cup and pulls most of it out and i still have a dent abotu the size of a golfball thats starting to show under rust!!!!![:@]

oh and my deductiable is 500 and the cost to fix it (to replace teh entire bed side bc rust is apparent) is $522 so im screwed.......oh well when i get out of college im redoing my entire truck plumb crazy purple

Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

moe in wichita ks
years ago i backed into a car at work, it wasnt a large scrape. but i write a note with phone no. when he called my wife answered, he couldnt beleave that i realy left a note. he said he has put a lot of work into the car, lots of body work. so i thought this will realy cost. she ask how much. he said $30. i put a check in the mail the very next day. before he changed his mind. my dad was right honesty is the best policy. try to find a friend that knows a lawyer, and barrow a page with letterhead on it. make about 6 or 7 copys for backup. wright up three letters name names places pics and anything thats needed. send one to your county D. A. one to the ins co. one to the driver. also theres no law that says somthing cant happen to the one who run into you.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
spencea15
Record Breaker

Well Thursday my truck was park on Clemson Campus by the stadiumand the decks are over the parking lot(shade for the truck) well they did not report that the were presure washing the stadium and i like 7 others were directly under the drain pipes. well my windshied and hood got damaged i found this out once i washed it. So i go to talk to the athletics department but the guy never calls me back.

Monday i get a call for an insurance company they need to see the truck to write me a check for the damage. I had no idea how thay new this and how they got my number. I finaly find out it was filed by the presure washing company. So now i get a new windshield and a paint job on the hood once i get the hood damage added(could not see it was dirty). So i guess mine is working out.

Quick Reply: stupid irresponsible people..