2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cold air intakes and water??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:38 PM
kleraudio
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet man, thanks for the quick reply! Last question, promise :-) so it's not a "paper" filter then, meaning, it will last 20 or 30 thousand miles before I have to clean it??

Thanks again man!

Jim

Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 PM
big.bryant
Champion

yeah the one i got is a mesh filter that is easy to take off and just wash and let dry. it is the cone type so there is no replacing. yeah you could surely go that far, i didn't just cuz i drive on a few dirt roads here and there but yeah it works great and sounds really badass when you put it to the metal. sounds like a huge straw lol. its my pleasure to answer questions about things that i know about (that was confusing) so if you have any others dont hesitate

Bryant

Old 10-17-2008, 11:47 PM
kleraudio
Professional

You rock man, thanks for all the help! I just ordered the BOMZ system on Ebay, cant wait to install this thing! I have no idea how to do it or what to expect but I heard it was pretty simple.

Jim

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive gone mud bogging with my k&n intake, not a problem

Old 10-18-2008, 01:03 PM
big.bryant
Champion

Originally Posted by kleraudio
You rock man, thanks for all the help! I just ordered the BOMZ system on Ebay, cant wait to install this thing! I have no idea how to do it or what to expect but I heard it was pretty simple.

Jim
not a problem,
i had no idea what to do either and it only took about 20-30 minutes for me to take off the old intake, and put on my new one. (the only reason it took so long is i had a stubborn screw) but yeah i drive in deep snow, a lot of rain, dirt, everything bad and still have no trouble. best part, it did indeed give me better gas mileage.

Last edited by big.bryant; 10-18-2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: Cold air intakes and water??