2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Seafoam on a higher mileage engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 12:30 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clariftion

moe in wichita ks
to: big.bryant thanks for the clarifcation. i wasnt trying to tell any one to use mmo, i was just saying take a look at it. it may not be for everyone. as for my friends at a & reds you may not have herd of them the cause they are holesale only, and only sell to trans shops. i was not asking you to buy parts from them. i was just saying you can call them to get info, for free, how can you beat that? i have been around long enough to know that its not my place to tell people what to buy. i just lay the info out so you can decide what is best for you. there are a number of things i do that must people would say are out in left field. i dont post them cause people would say iam crazy. even though i have been doing them for years. and as far as addvertiseing i dont come to this site very much. cause they have adds for chevy and ford on a dodge site if addmen doesnt understand that that will turn off a real dodge fan, then they need to find a new line of work.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:19 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the seafoam in a higher mileage engine or one thats never had it done before can make your o2 sensors get dirty and fail i didnt have a problem on my jeep when i did it the first time at like 150k but you never know

Old 12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

heh, well me and my friend did this on his truck and his exhaust tips were all black on the inside after smoking it out, the tips were clean. So this stuff does work.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:17 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha hence the reason its good to clean or replace your O2's after doing it too if its been a while since you did it

Old 12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
big.bryant
Champion

thanks for the help guys

Quick Reply: Seafoam on a higher mileage engine