2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

long tubes make me want to punch babies.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:38 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
haha no bandaids, you just rub some grease in the wound to stop the bleeding.
+1 that's what i do.

and i told you so....

did you have to cut those stupid little bolts coming out of the firewall? I did with my PPhs

and i dont see how the canister is in the way, unless you mean you cant slide the header into place cuz its in the way

Old 03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by User2006
+1 that's what i do.

and i told you so....

did you have to cut those stupid little bolts coming out of the firewall? I did with my PPhs

and i dont see how the canister is in the way, unless you mean you cant slide the header into place cuz its in the way
+2. If you aint got grease and motor oil in your blood...you ain't using enough force.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, that's exactly what i mean. i had a little freak out today while working on this god forsaken project and accidentally put a tiny ding in one of the primaries. oops, i have anger issues..... also, the steering shaft is haunting me, i have no idea how that's gonna go back in, i think i'm going to have to unbolt it from either side and just thread it through the primaries and bolt it back up. fock my life...

Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 AM
User
Champion

yes, that's exactly what i mean. i had a little freak out today while working on this god forsaken project and accidentally put a tiny ding in one of the primaries. oops, i have anger issues..... also, the steering shaft is haunting me, i have no idea how that's gonna go back in, i think i'm going to have to unbolt it from either side and just thread it through the primaries and bolt it back up. fock my life...
Just think you could of got a set of PPHs and called it a day and had them installed in about 1 hour like i did, instead you wanted 5 more hp and more low end torque that you dont need in these motors.. all the torque is lowend, why the hell do you need more... your gonna have to spend more now on better suspension.. lol...

thats how i see it... 345lbs stock all made down low.. and you want more.. pfft...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

go big or go home.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel you on those anger issues...when i ran my master cylinder tubing down to the slave it took me like 4 hours and all kinds of cuss words and tools were flying

Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

punch-a-baby.gif

yea im the same way, when i start working on something the garage becomes off limits unless you have a death wish, if something doesnt work wrenchs start flying

and i cant fine the entire list , i saw it somewhere, just cant remeber where)

but remember that the wrench you just threw across the garage (driveway, w/e you happen to have) is the one that you will need next

Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325

but remember that the wrench you just threw across the garage (driveway, w/e you happen to have) is the one that you will need next
aint it the truth...

Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
User
Champion

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325

yea im the same way, when i start working on something the garage becomes off limits unless you have a death wish, if something doesnt work wrenchs start flying

and i cant fine the entire list , i saw it somewhere, just cant remeber where)

yep and then your to pissed off to go get it so you go with a metric version, round off the nut and then things are even worse....

Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yep and then your to pissed off to go get it so you go with a metric version, round off the nut and then things are even worse....
well, yea, buyta t that point ya go looking for the sawzall cut the hear off the bolt, drill it, remove it, and buy a new bolt, that is IF you can get the sawzall in there, otherwise you try to grind new flats onto it in the right size so that the next socket smaller will fit on it w/o rounding it off again

Quick Reply: long tubes make me want to punch babies.