2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

wrecked into a ditch

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 PM
rickmeseke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked into a ditch

picture doesn't do justice at all. so, on this dirt road, doing about 45, its pretty bumpy and 45 is a good speed just to cruise. i go around this bin and theres a woman on a horse, on the right side of the road. so i go to pass her, and the road isnt that wide at all, but i had plenty of space. however, the dirt i was in was really slippery, and when i tried to get back towards the middle, i started spinning ( i was only going 10-15 mph) and lost control into the ditch. front bumper is kinda bad, its just danglin, i snapped it back on but its cracked. TONS of scrathes and what not. took my cousins chevy to pull me out. and even he had a hard time, its a 2500.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
RockGuardedDak
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy hell, that must have been a pretty nasty jolt when you hit the ditch. the trucks almost on its side. but on the plus side, there cant be much, if any, damage in the mechanics of the truck, just probably all cosmetic work.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
rickmeseke
Professional

Originally Posted by 3.9l93dakota
holy hell, that must have been a pretty nasty jolt when you hit the ditch. the trucks almost on its side. but on the plus side, there cant be much, if any, damage in the mechanics of the truck, just probably all cosmetic work.
yeah im suprised i didnt bang my head or anything because i wasnt wearing my seatbelt

Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gotta be careful getting to close to the edge of dirt roads. They are soft and things like this happen. My girl friend lives on a long dirt road and people all the time get to close and thats what happens. Sorry to see that happen man, hope you can get her fixed up.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
rickmeseke
Professional

Originally Posted by bpark8824
You gotta be careful getting to close to the edge of dirt roads. They are soft and things like this happen. My girl friend lives on a long dirt road and people all the time get to close and thats what happens. Sorry to see that happen man, hope you can get her fixed up.
thanks, its mainly just alot of scratches from the trees that i ran into to. and my tires are off, it pulls to the right a little bit. and my bumper is in place, but cracked.

nothing too major, but still not good for the pocket.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
big.bryant
Champion

that sucks dude... do you have any pictures of the damage now that its out of the ditch?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:49 AM
rickmeseke
Professional

Originally Posted by big.bryant
that sucks dude... do you have any pictures of the damage now that its out of the ditch?
i could, but they would be horrible cell shots again.
and you know how with crappy cell phones its all blurry, so you wouldnt even be able to see the millions of DEEP scratches that i have on my windshield and driver side.
i could take one of the bumper, its cracked like, in two pieces, and i just snapped it back in place so it wouldnt hang down on the ground.
imagine that and thats my truck

Old 04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by rickmeseke
i could, but they would be horrible cell shots again.
and you know how with crappy cell phones its all blurry, so you wouldnt even be able to see the millions of DEEP scratches that i have on my windshield and driver side.
i could take one of the bumper, its cracked like, in two pieces, and i just snapped it back in place so it wouldnt hang down on the ground.
imagine that and thats my truck
turn your resolution up. I was shooting 1600x1200 cell pics at TMS for nascar weekend, i only had 2 or 3 come out bad. some actually shot better than the camera. IT's alla bout being still..the shutters are like 1/200 or something like that.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:20 AM
big.bryant
Champion

it also depends on what phone you have and how many megapixels it has

my iphone has a 2.0MP but still always takes ****ty pics

Old 04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by big.bryant
it also depends on what phone you have and how many megapixels it has

my iphone has a 2.0MP but still always takes ****ty pics
LG Vu

got it in january and have shot over 700 shots with it..granted nascar weekend were a bunch. I can't tell it's files from the camera's files apart of the size. Granted, camera has 20,000 images on it....last one was shot driving 1 handed @ 35 MPH

Quick Reply: wrecked into a ditch