2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Parking break adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
midget-farms
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the disk brake rears doesn't the parking brake reside inside a drum w/i the disk? I need to do this & have been putting it off since I have an automatic.

If these are like all the other disk brake parking brakes I've seen there is a drum inside the disk & there are a seperate set of brake shoes for the parking brake.

If the adjuster can't be made tight the parking brake shoes need to be replaced. The parking brake does not set the pads on the caliper.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by midget-farms
On the disk brake rears doesn't the parking brake reside inside a drum w/i the disk? I need to do this & have been putting it off since I have an automatic.

If these are like all the other disk brake parking brakes I've seen there is a drum inside the disk & there are a seperate set of brake shoes for the parking brake.

If the adjuster can't be made tight the parking brake shoes need to be replaced. The parking brake does not set the pads on the caliper.
you are correct.

Quick Reply: Parking break adjustment