2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

So, last Thrusday...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Billiam
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, last Thrusday...

I spent a damn fortune on maintenance on the damn truck. I have the flu so I didnt want to change my own oil... I took it in, well they tell me I need all this ****. So I told them to show me....boy they were not lying. My rad was nasty, I had some nasty built up on the oil cap.. and so on.

Well I told them I just needed the oil changed, but then I told myself better safe then sorry.. I was going on a trip that weekend. Was a 800 mile total trip. So after seeing my oil changed maybe 20 miles later I went back in and got all of the work done.

Rad Flush
Eng Flush
Xfer Case Flush
Tranny Flush
And Diffs Done.

That oil was as black as the night...after 20 miles. Needless to say I was in bad shape... I guess it was a good thing I got sick..otherwise my truck might have died on me sooner then I want it too.

Oh but on a good note... I got a free K & N Filter out of the deal. Eventhough I want to make my own CAI, which means I'd have to change the filter... But I can always sell it.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to do all that to my truck but with the way my tranny is acting im afraid to do it since I have had a couple people tell me that it can screw it up more. Anyway thats good that you got that all done before it was too late.