2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

K&N FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N FIPK

Does anyone have a K&N FIPK installed on their Dakota? I was told that being I purchased the Throttle body spacer that I should get the Cold Air Intake from K&N for much more performance increases. If anyone has it installed on a 4.7L V8 let me know if it is worth the $270. Thanks for your input.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:44 AM
BlueDak
Rookie
Default RE: K&N FIPK

I have a '00 Dakota Q-cab, previously I had a K&N FIPK kit installed with a Power-Aid TB spacer. They will not fit properly without notching into the underside of the hood crossmemers. I would constantly crack the air hat assembly on the K&N. When K&N found out about my TB spacer, they voided my warrenty.

I now have an AFE CAI kit, VERY VERY happy with it. FIts perfect even with TB spacer installed.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

Thanks for the info, and I will look into this being I too am installing a TB spacer. I will let you know how I make out.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 PM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

Well I just installed my FIPK on my 04 Dak and it is sweet. I cannot believe how much more horsepower it gave me along with the throttle body spacer. I haven't had any problems with anything hitting or touching the hood or any crossmembers for the hood. Let me just say that if anyone is debating weather or not to buy this for thier Dak, I say DEFINITELY BUY ONE! I mean now if you mash the pedal to the floor the tires just bust out and the truck just wants to go. My next venture will be to get different tires than the stock one to give me more traction. Absolutely unreal difference, great job K&N!

Old 03-19-2005, 01:19 AM
bp82gt

hey guys........just wondering if they make a cold air intake for a 2003 3.9 dakota, anybody know?? will it improve the performance any?

Old 03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
b_smith_r/t
Rookie

Hey Guys,

Dont know if id spend the money on a K&N setup because i built my air intake and spacer my self out ou stainless steel tube and plate and have had no problems with it. Check into an exhaust shop that does stainless and he should be able to hook ya up with a 90 and some piping. Autozone and advance carry K&N filters for around fifty bucks.

Good luck all

Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 AM
sxtkota

I dont have a 4.7l V8 i have a 3.9L v6 and i have a k&n cold are intake kit i paid like $100 for it just made it myself form advanced auto parts

Old 03-27-2005, 02:31 PM
BlueDak
Rookie

It takes awhile, but it will start hitting. Keep a close eye on the top of the airhat assembly, watch to see if you notice any scrapes in the finish also on the underside of your hood.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
kota98
Rookie

I have aK&N for my 5.2 Love it
I really dont understand why people put trottle body spacers on the multiport fuel injections correct me if im wrong but the spacer is there to help mix the air fuel better before going in to the combustion chamber
Rick

Old 04-03-2005, 03:51 AM
DeadlyDakota
Rookie

The TB spacer sends the air into the TB with a spiral effect to help it along the way. When the air spirals it supposedly gets to the right places faster. It along with my FIPK2 gave me like 5-7 mpg's more now. I love it!

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK