2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Same old ABS light question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:35 AM
tbird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We must have the same line of thought JR85. I found the fuse for the ABS pump under the hood and took it out. No more clicking, but as you said, downside is both of the lights are on all the time, upside is I still have the speedometer.

Small update. I took my truck into the Dodge garage for some diagnosis. Unfortunately they still couldn't tell me 100% what the problem is, but they're suggesting the ABS computer (control unit). Not exactly what I wanted to hear but now I'm looking for a used one and should be able to install it myself. I'd have to take it in to them though to reprogram it for my particular vehicle. If that's not it, I guess the ABS pump itself, which is making the clicking noise, would be next. What fun. Love this process of elimination stuff. $$$$$$$

Last edited by tbird; 06-16-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM
JollyRoger85
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good... let me know what it costs you if you wind up getting the pump and / or computer replaced. I think you've got the right idea finding a used one. Glad we're on the same page.

Quick Reply: Same old ABS light question...