2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

truckseries

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Yeah big baby gordon along with others and I dislike the car of tomorrow also but its fun to get out tailgate with people you dont even know and watch drunk people make fools of themselves
1. Yes the drivers whine...i can think of a few that do so more than jeff.

2. the COT is not all that bad itself. It is the rules package around it which needs help. Mechanically, as the picture of JB shows below, the car still sucks to the track and does what it needs to do- the rear wing and greater side area of the body have undoubtly helped prevent many accidents. And Tell me Michael McDowell would be alive if we were still in the old car. What sucks in relation to the CoT is that NASCAR failed to take an engineering mindset when they wrote the rulebook. The higher CoG does not work with the rulebook, which was mostly unchanged, and still retains much from the "old car". If they did away with bump stops and required a minimum spring rate to prevent coil binding, the cars might not be so bad.

At the same time, everybody called the car a "dump truck" in handling and looks when it came out. Now everybody's gotten used to it, and the predominate issue is looseness, both mechanical loose and aero loose. I think the drivers have adapted, the crew cheifs are the ones left trying to figure up from down. The teams with the 7 post machines are the onles that are doing best.... by no coincedence.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:22 AM
lhakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is true that sports are a matter of money.
When we speak we think Nascar USA and American car that are for me the most beautiful.
We should turn Toyota, but they bring a big check.
I think we should put all the teams equally, impose annual budget equal to all.
We probably would see different races.
Now drivers can run for the money at 80% and 20% by passion.
Who makes the world go around "money and sex"
I'll meet the challenge all the negative opinions of tuning my truck.