2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

truckseries

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:05 AM
lhakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post truckseries

I'm fan of Nascar and look all race on AB MOTEUR (France).
From their comments nascar racing is a religion at home.
Tuning the car and truck are beautiful, but I never saw the nascar style tuning, why?
Is it a law that prohibited?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 AM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I don't quite understand your question? You're talking about tuning a car? By tuning what do you mean? Nascar teams are ALWAYS making changes and "tuning" the car. Most are suspension changes trying to make the car handle better. Most engine tuning is done before hand, but gear changes and some minor jetting changes might happen at the track... If thats what you're asking.

If not, I'm sorry if I didn't awnser the question.

Nascar is not a religion here. It seems as if people either love it, or hate it. It is huge and every race will be sold out, but there are other people who can't stand it. We have always been into it (my family that is). A good friend of my fathers is Todd Bodine's brother-in-law. He won the truck series championship the year before last. So we have always been around it and I enjoy it a lot. But others will tell you its dumb because they "only turn left". But it is a matter of opinion. I enjoy it.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Richmond wasn't sold out last weekend. although there were tons of people there. I find it amazing that there is 40+ guys out there racing going around a 1 mile long circle and doing 100-130mph for most of the time. I wouldn't say im a die hard fan but I enjoy it from time to time.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:40 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

I enjoy NASCAR as a competition between driver's more than a car's capabilities, although that can be limited by sponsor's.

I still enjoy the races though, especially Watkins Glen, because that's more of a true test of Driver and car, instead of just driver.

NASCAR racing is a very specific type of turning, like bpark said. The rules of NASCAR are very particular and only allow for certain things. It's actually pretty limited in what you can do.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:58 PM
bpark8824
Champion

VERY limited. I guess it makes it more of driver skill but still they can't do hardly anything to the motors and bodys. They can set up the spring rates and some suspension settings as they would like but they can't hardly do a thing on their own concerning the motor or body of the car.

A lot people say there is no skill, but I would like to see them race talladega or daytona. 185-195mph in a tighter traffic jam than any of us will ever experience on a freeway... with out brake lights or blinkers and can't see anything but what is in front of them and a very limited amount behind them... It's not easy and pretty crazy. Then be able to race at Sonoma and Watkins Glen which is completely different. It takes skill.

Last edited by bpark8824; 09-15-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 AM
lhakota

In response to bpark8824, that I ask is that I have never seen trucks that ressemmble a NASCAR truck.
Interior modified, painting and stickers bodywork (look nascar)
I do not speak of what is mechanical (engine. ...).

Old 09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
batman13
Grand Champion
Old 09-16-2009, 04:15 PM
bpark8824
Champion

Originally Posted by lhakota
In response to bpark8824, that I ask is that I have never seen trucks that ressemmble a NASCAR truck.
Interior modified, painting and stickers bodywork (look nascar)
I do not speak of what is mechanical (engine. ...).
Are you asking why someone doesn't take thier personal dakota or silverado or f150, and paint it to look like a Nascar craftsman truck series truck? Because that would be really stupid. That is why.

EDIT: I forgot its the "camping world truck series".

On a side note: Anyone notice how Nascar's big three sponsors went from tools,beer, and cigarettes, to cell phones, insurance, and camping equipment....

Old 09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

i used to like nascar when it was still a redneck sport. Then jeff gordon came along and all of a sudden people from all over started liking it, it became popular, and then it became ruined. All there is now in nascar is a bunch of whiney drivers afraid of getting hurt who are ****** for big phone companies. The car of tomorrow and toyota in nascar was the last straw for me. A japanese car company in the NATIONAL association for stock car auto racing? Ridiculous. All that matters to nascar anymore is who will give them the biggest paycheck.

If you want to try to paint your truck like a race car, go ahead, but i'll point and laugh at you along with everybody else.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wink2873
i used to like nascar when it was still a redneck sport. Then jeff gordon came along and all of a sudden people from all over started liking it, it became popular, and then it became ruined. All there is now in nascar is a bunch of whiney drivers afraid of getting hurt who are ****** for big phone companies. The car of tomorrow and toyota in nascar was the last straw for me. A japanese car company in the NATIONAL association for stock car auto racing? Ridiculous. All that matters to nascar anymore is who will give them the biggest paycheck.

If you want to try to paint your truck like a race car, go ahead, but i'll point and laugh at you along with everybody else.

Yeah big baby gordon along with others and I dislike the car of tomorrow also but its fun to get out tailgate with people you dont even know and watch drunk people make fools of themselves