2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:26 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my buddy and I used to have a 93 nissan hard body used for a woods/mud truck and we had 5% on the windows and it was a major pain at night even at day you couldnt tell what much was ha. I dont think I will have a problem with my 20% cops seem not to pay to much attention to that heck last night we were driving home a cop passed us and turned around my buddy was driving a lifted up dodge ram with 35s that stick out past the truck not to mention a expired registration sticker he was also all over the road due to some play in the steering(impossible to keep straight) but he followed us actually he tail gated us for about 2 miles then we turned off and he went past. The only ones cops seem to bug around here is people with too big of lift or tires that are too big or stick out to far.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:17 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know you said it but the ebay tint seems to be decent? i was gonna try it but didn't wanna waste my money if it wasn't worth it...i know about not using anything with ammonia to clean the windows cuz then it will turn purple but did you get any bubbles or anything? i tried it once on my jeep and it was ****ty but not to bad so i think if it was already cut it would be easier.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
i know you said it but the ebay tint seems to be decent? i was gonna try it but didn't wanna waste my money if it wasn't worth it...i know about not using anything with ammonia to clean the windows cuz then it will turn purple but did you get any bubbles or anything? i tried it once on my jeep and it was ****ty but not to bad so i think if it was already cut it would be easier.
Yeah ive had it for about 1-2months now and is working good. I think the sellers name was tint-pro or something like that. I was angry at first cause I did it at like 9 at night in my garage and it looked awesome and the next day I looked and see these little bubbles on it which I knew they were not there when I first did it so the next day I got in my truck and they were all gone. They said not to use hand soap and water but I did and it turned out well just make sure its really wet and you have a good small squeegee. As far as it being pre cut it was perfect I had no problems with it.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Blaze10
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you goto advanced, they have gila, that is what i used for tint, that and the application pack, comes with the razor, the spray and a squeegee. Went on good, had to squeegee it out the next morning and it looks good.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:33 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see you are in Illinois, i have gotten pulled over for tints TWICE this year in Chicago. finally i just took them off all together. not worth getting pulled over.

Quick Reply: Tint