2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Dodge Dakota lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Independentfool
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont see how using shorter shackles on a 2wd will provide lift. wouldnt that lower?

Old 01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
dakota02guy

anyone know where i can find spindles for my 02 dakota, 2wd quad cab.. ive look pretty much everywhere and cant find em. are they the same as the v6?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dakota02guy
anyone know where i can find spindles for my 02 dakota, 2wd quad cab.. ive look pretty much everywhere and cant find em. are they the same as the v6?
Check the FAQ in this section. Tons of sites to check. Also don't be scared to start a new thread, instead of posting on an old one.

Originally Posted by Independentfool
i dont see how using shorter shackles on a 2wd will provide lift. wouldnt that lower?
It makes the springs get more of an arch on them. Longer shackles will lower it by making it have a lower arch on the springs.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:08 AM
msher
Default 2" Rear Axle lifting

Hi guys,
Occasionally I've Bought Rancho 6561 kit (Durango) instead of 6560. Main difference in rear suspension. I need to buy now only blocks with u-bolts and new rear links which should be longer than original ones. Any suggestions if I can find such a stuffs? May be somebody knows which length should be links from the lifting kit?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well first of all I would try to send it back for the correct kit. Most places will allow the swap to be made. Maybe just a restocking fee.

But if your stuck with it here is my tips.

Blocks you can buy anywhere. It just depends on how high you need it to be. Go to www.summitracing.com and type in lift blocks 2in, 3in.

For the link. Do you mean the Anti- Sway bar end link? If so then I don't believe all Dakotas came with them. Double check to see if your does. If so then install the kit. Once all raised up, take some measurements. Then take your end link to a welders shop, muffler shops will do it to. Tell them how much longer you need it to be, have them cut it and add in a spacer to fit your dimensions.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:25 AM
msher

Thanks a lot for suggestion. Unfortunately I can't send kit back cause I'm from Russia and I guess it is pretty expensive. I think it is really easy way to take it to the welder shop.

Quick Reply: Dodge Dakota lifts?