2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Gadgetman groove

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 PM
KJ790
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris1974
sure would like to see some dyno sheets from someone on here that has done this. I don't trust the seat of the pants dyno or this dude's website...

I could see where it would effect throttle response, but I don't think it's gonna do much for HP, IMO.
The problem is that dyno runs are almost always performed WOT. I can tell you right now that this doesn't affect WOT operation. However, how often are you WOT when driving around town or on the highway? At partial throttle this definitely produces more power, as it should since it is like holding the throttle open more when it is really in the same position. How it actually affects gas mileage in the end is what I am curious to see. To be honest I feel like I'm going to lose gas mileage, but time will tell, I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

i swaped my TB for a 4.0 thats been ported and polished, i did notice the same thing a lot more throttle response (once i got everything tuned right) but then i do get more HP out of it since its a much bigger unit in the first place
i was at 120rwhp last dyno run before the chip and exaust, and thats the factory rating @ the crank, so not bad.
i'll be back on the rollers this summer maybe do another couple mods before idk though

Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
KJ790

Well, just filled up and my gas mileage did not change one bit from what it has been. I guess that is busted. I'm still happy with the mod though, especially since it didn't cost me anything. I really like the increased throttle response.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 AM
primus454
Professional

Maybe it did help, but your counteracted it by romping on it more

Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 AM
GadgetmanPrime

I would like to thank you guys for your attentions. Since this time over a year ago, I have learned a lot about what I was doing and how it affected and was affected by other engine functions. Now, I'm seeing better mileage an the vast majority of vehicles, even if only a mile or two per gallon.

I thought I should come back here and post a couple of the videos...

Mike Childs' 2004 Ram
Doris Johnson 98 Dakota

Of course, my explanation of the science behind it may help your understanding. That is now posted (as of today) at http://www.YouTube.com/GadgetmanGlobal.

Quick Reply: Gadgetman groove