2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Speaker Suggestions? 2000 Dak

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Gundyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also!!! Sub question! is it possible to run a 10" and 12" from the same box?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
chuck L.

if you have the money... yes you can... i really don't understand why you would put a 10 and a 12 in the same box.... my suggestion would be is to determine what kind of music you listen to more and go from there... i have 2- 10" infinity kappa series subs in a mtx molded preform thunderbox... i listen to mostly rock and alternative... if you listen to R & B... i'd go with the 12's. i bought all the equipment through crutchfield.... the only thing i would say about the box is ask crutchfield or mtx if they can do that... i know the preform for my ram can hold up to 2- 12" subs under the back seats... the best thing about it is... you can't even tell you have subs back there until you lift the seats.... sry for the novel... i ended up spending about $4,000 getting everything for my truck.... worth every penny

Old 01-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Gundyy

okay. i listen to mostly rock but some rap and hip hop so i'll probably do 10". with a single or double 10" sub setup would you recommend component speakers or coaxial? for rock and heavy metal being the main genre of music

Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
chuck L.

i went with component speakers... the setup i have sound great throught all ranges... low and high volume... i have 2 amps.. 1 to run the subs with a cap, the other to run 4 speakers instead of 7... i left the highs in my dash stock... and i have no distortion at all with any of the speakers...

Quick Reply: Speaker Suggestions? 2000 Dak