2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

My Dak is finally Paid off.. Now what to do with it..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Schuey
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dak is finally Paid off.. Now what to do with it..

I paid Chrysler financial my last payment last week for my Dak.. i have roughly 99,700 miles on it... only thing ive done to truck is the K&N mods and i run Yokahama GTS all season tires..ive been debating on doing some fun things with it now that its not under any type of lien...

whats the bang for your buck throaty cool sounding exhaust ?
the DAK is a 2wh drive so im not planning to get any of the grilles or go down that rd.. but i would love to change out the factory foglamps with some nicer PIAA lamps or something will they plug right in or have to change out fittings?

SInce i do have a 2wh drive i would love to lower it a bit since it never sees offroad..maybe help in airflow.. i currently have a Access tonn. on it..

its got a decent sound system ..

So from what i keep reading are the throttle body adapters junk or what items should i stay away from with my 4.7 ? ie waste to install or wont do much for me ...

Fire away im curious to know..,

Schuey

Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a jet stage 2 chip, white face gauges, and stainless gauge bezel for sale

Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Independentfool
Veteran

Jet chips are junk, so are any throttle body spacers.

Id go headers and full exhaust, and a Superchips tuner.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes TBS do nothing on a fuel injected vehical. I say super chips(best imo) and flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust system. You dont really need to do headers since the stock 4.7 manifolds flow pretty good. Swap out your lights for Hid lights and you wont have to worry about not having enough light. Some window tint. I did 20% its not legal but it looks good if you go any darker you will hate driving at night.

Last edited by dodgeramguy85; 02-03-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Schuey
Professional

yeah the tint sounds fun.. and the exhaust is where im at now.. is there such a site that has audio clips of how the exahust would sound.. ? odd eh i miss my old throaty pop from my old 70 camaro i had with a 31 in cherry bomb but neighbors didnt like it.. but now i live in the country where all i see are cummins dodge diesels and those sucks are loud as hell.. and the black smoke is blinding..so id love something with a mean lil howl when you goose it but a nice ruff ruff when idling.. i thought for a sec would be funny to have the import sound but eh .. maybe if i lowered it or something..

thanks for replies !!!

Chris aka Schuey

Old 02-05-2010, 05:48 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schuey
yeah the tint sounds fun.. and the exhaust is where im at now.. is there such a site that has audio clips of how the exahust would sound.. ? odd eh i miss my old throaty pop from my old 70 camaro i had with a 31 in cherry bomb but neighbors didnt like it.. but now i live in the country where all i see are cummins dodge diesels and those sucks are loud as hell.. and the black smoke is blinding..so id love something with a mean lil howl when you goose it but a nice ruff ruff when idling.. i thought for a sec would be funny to have the import sound but eh .. maybe if i lowered it or something..

thanks for replies !!!

Chris aka Schuey
Yup, its called youtube

Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Billiam
Champion

I got the same size engine as you. Here is a flowmaster 40 series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHN891Dw2Fk

Quick Reply: My Dak is finally Paid off.. Now what to do with it..