2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

So I got bored today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ables, you did sand it first right?

Old 02-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002dakotakid
how did you get that texture i used the same thing duplicolor bedliner in a spray can and it didn't have any texture to it at all i tried the slow and thick approach and the faster and more coats approach too wasn't lucky with either like the idea may do the same
bpark yes i did sand it thats what the second pic is

and dakotakid im just awesome with a rattle can lol jk, the texture isn't to my liking right now needs to be more textured when i do the next coatings im gonna make it better, but to get that effect i stepped back a bit and did a final medium speed spatter coat not so even, its hard to explain just gotta eyeball it and get a feel for it, i was surprised it turned out as well as it did considering i did no planning what so ever for this kinda just winged it lol

Old 02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

OK so right now I'm doing more coats ill post pics later of the steps I'm trying to get it thicker as well as get some texture by just tapping on the spray and randomly putting droplets of liner everywhere hopefully it turns out good.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

damn now im bummed just went out to take the tape off and all the liner just pealed up like rubber, guess it doesn't like to stick to plastic or it was a little to chilly, ahh what ever i had fun doing it, guess im just gonna have to paint them black when i do the faded part of the bumper

Quick Reply: So I got bored today...