2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Air filters

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
MadisonDakota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alleymad99SLT
NAH, I won't say you are wrong...
Alright, I just edited my most recent post. I will say this, if you are looking for a MPG boost, you will not get it with the K&N. If you want to save some money on filters, buy a reusable one. (no necessarily a K&N) If you want to spend a few extra bucks and keep your oil/engine clean keep buying paper.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:56 AM
alleymad99SLT
Professional

Originally Posted by MadisonDakota
Alright, I just edited my most recent post. I will say this, if you are looking for a MPG boost, you will not get it with the K&N. If you want to save some money on filters, buy a reusable one. (no necessarily a K&N) If you want to spend a few extra bucks and keep your oil/engine clean keep buying paper.
I could actually care less about mileage. If that was a concern, I would certainly not be driving around in an 11 year old truck with a V8 Nor would I be so willing to mash the gas pedal...or drive 80 on the highway...or go out after a snowstorm and drive just for the sake of using the four-wheel drive in the snow

Old 03-11-2010, 11:53 AM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Originally Posted by alleymad99SLT
I could actually care less about mileage. If that was a concern, I would certainly not be driving around in an 11 year old truck with a V8 Nor would I be so willing to mash the gas pedal...or drive 80 on the highway...or go out after a snowstorm and drive just for the sake of using the four-wheel drive in the snow
Then you're doing just fine.

I like 2wd mode in the snow though... that's just me.

Quick Reply: Air filters