2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what is the most annoying thing about ur truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
00dakSport
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at work the fullsize trucks are either ford or dodge.
the '99 ram has like 300k on it and runs great. big 5.9 in a rc.
i finaly convinced them to change the oil. (looked like asphalt)

i don't no much about the ford cause it's always in the shop lol.
and its way newer. ford tough, my a**

Old 03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Originally Posted by 00dakSport
at work the fullsize trucks are either ford or dodge.
the '99 ram has like 300k on it and runs great. big 5.9 in a rc.
i finaly convinced them to change the oil. (looked like asphalt)

i don't no much about the ford cause it's always in the shop lol.
and its way newer. ford tough, my a**
If you get a Dodge with a 5/6speed, you are GOLDEN.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Ha damn chevys always breaking I didnt mind my bosses 05 silverado not a bad truck it did 130 like nothing

Hahaha yeah right I took the truck one day to pick up the trailer and I got on the highway and looked down and this is what the spedo said it was 60mph off lol

Sat was my first time getting pulled over cause I have my radar detector all the time but If it wasnt for kelsey in the passenger seat I would of got a ticket she alctually used to date the cops son so he took my license and then shined the flashlight in and said oh hi kelsey and said ok slow it down and have a good night. Then he walked away and I said I love you so much haha
my stepdads sierra did the same exact thing luckily his is under the recall(they didn't issue it out via mail and stuff u have to check the vin to see if its on the list for recalls)
http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/chevy-settlement

Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 PM
QuadCabDak

I agree, it's all out or nothing lol. How can you resist not to, especially if you have a V8! The MOST ANNOYING thing about my truck is that the front left window broke and falls down. I took the panel off and found out that one little tiny clip has broken which has cause the wire to loose all tension. I have no idea where to begin looking for this tiny clip, considering it's shattered and broke so I cant even show people. I've been using the rubber cover off the brake pedal to wedge between the window and weather stripping to hold it up! Also that one wiper and the dent in the driver's door from when a guy on a crotch rocket ran into me, I don't even want to get started on that story lol

Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
SpencerS
Captain

the transfer case linkage between 2wd and 4wd low needs replacing and it always pops out when im 4 wheelin!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:51 PM
lilman316

I've had electrical issues since I bought the truck. First the keyless entry goes out and starts killing my battery, then my day time driving lights start staying on even after i turn the truck off, now I have something else draining the battery so I have to drive it about every 2 days or the battery is dead. Spent $65 and the local shop and they didn't fix it, just made it better. On 3rd battery since last Oct. If the battery does die then when I get it started and drive it the rpms drop way under 1000 when i let off the gas and then shoots back up to idle. I'm thinking i'll just have to take it to a dodge dealership, and the closest is about 1 1/2 away. I'm thinkin it might be my stereo, it's stock, but the memory on it doesn't work like it should, it always jumps to the end of a cd, so I might try rewiring it, just haven't had the time.

Last edited by lilman316; 04-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 PM
KatyA

Originally Posted by SpencerS

oh and that i cant fit subs in my truck without losing a backseat.

Definately an issue. You can get great speakers, but without subs its just not as good as it can be.

I hate the fact that theres surface rust on the edges of the fenders by the headlights that makes orange rust stains down my bumper. On a white truck XP. I clean them and they're back in a week. Gettin it painted soon anyway a darker color. Then i can't see them.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

I hate the way My engine sits off to one side in the engine bay. it's just retarded to me.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Its a mopar dude that's what they do been doing it since the muscle cars. I think its better for weight distribution when u don't have any passengers to offset the weight of the driver

Old 04-15-2010, 11:50 PM
2002dakotakid
Rookie

i hate this annoying squeak in my front suspension that happens when i hit a big bump or come out or a parking garage or go over a speed bump and what sucks is i happens only when both wheels hit it the same time sad part is i've covered every joint i can think of in white lithium grease from autozone cause thats what the guy behind the counter said would fix it but it only quieted it for a week then it was back good thing is that same grease got my door to stop squeaking but still the suspension squeaks over every little bump now ... any ideas

Quick Reply: what is the most annoying thing about ur truck