2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

exhaust took a dump

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KatyA
Lmao, love that. XD I guess most of you guys are in the USA. lol. If I drove around with a hacked off muffler and a cracked windshield, I'd get caught by the roving bands of mechanics the municipality has out to crack down on that ****. If your tires are even slightly worn they tow your ***.

Though my 1989 Ram I use to push cars around the garage yard/snowplow has absolutely no exhaust at all from the engine back and it scares the horses on the farm next door. lmao. Wish I could get my Dak to sound like that legally.
My 85 ram had straight exhausts pretty loud still got it inspected and never got questioned hell with my dakota I pass with a check engine light on

Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
KatyA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
My 85 ram had straight exhausts pretty loud still got it inspected and never got questioned hell with my dakota I pass with a check engine light on

My Ram isn't street legal. lol. It drives around the yard an thats it. Hell if i took it out I'd get stopped from the rust on sight alone, much less the fact they can hear it like, 5 blocks away.

But my dakota passes with a check engine light on, the check gauges light, the speedo not working until you hit 40, the parking brake and ABS lights on in the dash. I guess they don't bother to look at everything they should. The mechanics catch you at the police spot checks on highway ramps an such where you have to work to avoid them. Those guys look at everything and tow you for the slightest thing xp

Old 04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by KatyA
My Ram isn't street legal. lol. It drives around the yard an thats it. Hell if i took it out I'd get stopped from the rust on sight alone, much less the fact they can hear it like, 5 blocks away.

But my dakota passes with a check engine light on, the check gauges light, the speedo not working until you hit 40, the parking brake and ABS lights on in the dash. I guess they don't bother to look at everything they should. The mechanics catch you at the police spot checks on highway ramps an such where you have to work to avoid them. Those guys look at everything and tow you for the slightest thing xp
Well technically my ram wasnt street legal either no smog equipment,cracked frame and from the outside the rust wasnt bad at all until you looked under it, for some reason the tail lights only worked when the high beams were on and there were no rear brakes other than that its was a great truck had 247,000 miles on it lol

Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 PM
KatyA

Lmao. Truck that just won't quit eh? Best kind. lol

Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM
wingerak92
Captain

Those a-hole cops must just be out east. Up in northern bc we can do up to 8" lifts, cracked windshields, straight pipes, almost everything except tint and underglow haha

Thunder,
Do you have any under body pics of your exhaust?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM
thunder98110
Champion

Originally Posted by wingerak92
Thunder,
Do you have any under body pics of your exhaust?
just went out and snapped these for you..

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
wingerak92
Captain

Right on. Thanks man!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

what the hell happened to the far away pipe, looks like u guys put a U in part of it lol
im glad i don't live up north my exhaust still looks fine, muffler has surface rust but its a fm and thats what they do.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 PM
thunder98110
Champion

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
what the hell happened to the far away pipe, looks like u guys put a U in part of it lol
im glad i don't live up north my exhaust still looks fine, muffler has surface rust but its a fm and thats what they do.
are u talking about how ghetto my "tips" are or how rusted everything is. well i think its just dirt from this summer. i did some off roading in south Dakota and the dirt there is red. its permanetly caked on everwhere even though i have washed the under body multiple times.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

this guy right here lol

Quick Reply: exhaust took a dump