2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

What is Chrysler doing wrong to make their paint so crappy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 03:44 AM
CrazyGlitch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I remember correctly, my grandfather had a 97 Red Dakota and at least the red paint was recalled. So you might want to look in to if any other paints were recalled.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Gplayer

Just joined the forum and found this thread. I've owned my '97 Dakota since '98. Just went throught the whole repaint deal. The hood, top, fenders and tonneau all had to be stripped. Paint was completely down to primer and beyond on the metal. Here are some pics during the repaint process.

photo1.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo4.jpg

And the finished product:
dakota.jpg
103_0331.jpg

Old 09-03-2010, 10:13 PM
alleymad99SLT
Professional

Originally Posted by McNasy
my 01 now is rusting under the paint right above the windshield. luckally no paint is coming off there so its not to noticable.
Well, it is nice to see they continued that feature on after '99. I have a stupid rust hole the size of a quarter that just magically appeared about a month ago above the corner of my windshield on the passenger side.

I suppose it matches the hole in each of my front fenders where they meet the bumper...

In Florida you have paint fade...here, we get rust...

Quick Reply: What is Chrysler doing wrong to make their paint so crappy?