2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Practicly stole a 97 Dakota last week (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 PM
SpencerS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the lift i would recommend just cranking your torsion bars and adding 2inch blocks in the back. gives u a lil clearance in the front to fit 33s. But 31 M/Ts will perform about the same.

A body lift will only make it appear to look taller and not actually do anything but allow more wheel well space.

Good Luck with your truck!

and hopefully you dont have any major problems with it!!! =P

Old 08-08-2010, 08:40 PM
RPMRamFury
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long have any of you guys who did the torsionbar crank had it that way for? Is it true that it wears front end parts quicker when you crank them? I'm new to the IFS trucks, I've always had Rams.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had cranked my bars for a few days, then turned them back down. only cause on a good bumpy road i couldnt hang on to the wheel, and some people told me about premature wear on the bars. dont know if that is true either.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:24 AM
zanethan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine cranked for a year and it probably does wear stuff faster but not as fast as they all make it sound you should be fine for a while before anything actually goes. And yes the ride quality goes to crap haha

Quick Reply: Practicly stole a 97 Dakota last week (pics)