2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Fuel Pump whine

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know first hand about taking the bed off as I just did my fuel pump the same way and I had 8 bolts 4 back towards the bumper,2 by the tire in front of it then 2 more by the filler hose and the other side is directly across from it. Take your bumper off to make it easier if you are going to have friends just lift it and dont forget to disconnect the fuel filler hoses,tail light wiring and license plate wiring. What I did was got everything unbolted and disconnected and then got a come a long and a board to go under the rails of my bed then I hooked it up to the steel beam in my garage and lifted it up till I was able just to drive my truck right out. If you cant do what I did get atleast 4 buddys to help it will be easier that way cause you will need to get over the bumper and tires unless you take them off then 2 guys can do it. Also I got my pump for 196.00 and its a airtex brand I only got it that cheap cause I price matched it from a place online. This is also a good time to do shocks and undercoat

Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
wlkingdead
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

finally got the bed back on tonight, thanks everyone for the help. i ended up getting the pump for $201 after getting autozone to price match. also had to replace all my bed bots because they were to f'ed up to re-use. one thing i forgot was to mark my bed placement, but i think we got it alright. all in all not to hard of a job, and at least now the bed will come off easier next time..

Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wlkingdead
finally got the bed back on tonight, thanks everyone for the help. i ended up getting the pump for $201 after getting autozone to price match. also had to replace all my bed bots because they were to f'ed up to re-use. one thing i forgot was to mark my bed placement, but i think we got it alright. all in all not to hard of a job, and at least now the bed will come off easier next time..
Well thats good. I didnt mark my bed placement either but I just got it close to the rust marks on the bed from the mount. I only had a problem with the very last bolt other than that I reused all the other ones.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump whine