2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Hey all, new here with questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:44 PM
flareside_thunder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked MAP sensor....readings are fine. The crank sensor doesn't need to be shimmed or anything does it? Think I'm gonna pull it back out to make sure it didn't get funked up. Right now I'm at a loss and would really love NOT to take it to a mechanic or dealer. Gonna have my buddy check it out I guess, really have no other ideas about this. UGH.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:25 PM
GearHead_318

I'd go with the crank sensor, my 5.2 wasn't starting in the rain, damp, dew, or sometimes for no reason. After the sensor was replaced it has been problem free.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
flareside_thunder

The problem was, I've already changed the crank sensor, not to say it was a needless change, because it wasn't damn thing came out in brittle pieces. I reinvestigated the IAC per a mechanic friend of mine who told me "I was overthinking it" which in my cases happens more than I'd like to admit. Regardless of me cleaning the IAC previously and the port it slides into, it was still faulty and therefore sticky. 60 bucks for a new IAC and bam, done. Thanks for some light shown on here by a very few amount of members.

Quick Reply: Hey all, new here with questions