2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
GearHead_318
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The brakes on my Dakota have locked the first time they are used in/just after rain since The day my dad bought it 13 years ago. As for the squeaking, my left front disk squeaks because of a pin that's rubbing against it, this started just after they where replaced, this is a common problem from what I have read. I know disk and drum brakes are very different but maybe it's a similar issue, have somebody outside the truck tell you where the noise is coming from. If its coming from the front, replace or have them replaced ASAP, I made the dumb mistake of waiting and had to pay extra for new rotors in addition because I didn't get on it in time.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Brymac76
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys.
The last time i was at my brothers (last May) he said that it sounded like the rear brakes with him standing outside the truck when i hit the brakes. While i was there we replaced the drums themselves..no shoes. This helped the screatching problem...mostly..it still did it but not nearly as bad...but now its getting worse again.

I should have time to take the rears off this weekend..i'll let you know what i find.

Thanks again!
Bryan

Quick Reply: Brake issues