2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Project Little B1tch

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bolts still are not in....as soon as i get them i can start crackin on tearing it all apart....(hate waiting!!!)

Old 10-27-2010, 02:57 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why? Just pull it apart, so when the bolts show up you can put it together when its all cleaned up. I would spend atleast a good day cleaning that thing to the max! and maybe painting the heads/block/ect so it does not rust and look like **** in the future.

You have a lot of work before you put it back together, i would rip it apart asap and get to work...

Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

Originally Posted by User
Why? Just pull it apart, so when the bolts show up you can put it together when its all cleaned up. I would spend atleast a good day cleaning that thing to the max! and maybe painting the heads/block/ect so it does not rust and look like **** in the future.

You have a lot of work before you put it back together, i would rip it apart asap and get to work...
1. can i soak the heads and intake in something while i wait?
2. and im sure ill have to remove the rockers to re-install the heads will i have to adjust them, or can i just tq them down?
3. would i be able to use the same driveshaft since my truck is a 4banger 5 speed

Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Blaze10
Record Breaker

very nice build you have, sorry i can't answer any of those questions but i just wanted to compliment what you got, i really like that hood!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:32 AM
zanethan
Veteran

Originally Posted by Loud Pedal
1. can i soak the heads and intake in something while i wait?
2. and im sure ill have to remove the rockers to re-install the heads will i have to adjust them, or can i just tq them down?
3. would i be able to use the same driveshaft since my truck is a 4banger 5 speed
You should be able to soak them in something not sure what though. I was watching power block and they had this ultrasonic parts cleaner that used sound waves to clean parts looked really cool. you might want to see if any shops near you have that kind of equipment. Don't want to but dirty parts back on. As for adjustments I don't think any are needed. just make sure they go back in the same place and torque them down to spec. (You might want to put new rockers and rods in though) and as long as you aren't moving the transmission up any I would assume you could use the same one but I'm not sure on that.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

I can get a parts cleaner and go about that way....since im on a VERY small budget
The only thung im worried about the driveshaft is that im gonna need one from a regular cab 5.2L 5speed truck....

Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM
redragtop

What I have always done is get a piece of cardboard and poke holes in it, then put the pushrods in the cardboard in the same order they come off of the engine. There could be some microscopic differences in length, but if you put the same ones back in the same hole, the lifters won't know any difference. If you are pulling the lifters or changing the lifters, then you are looking at a different situation.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

truck is gone.......i still have the engine as is right now....my new truck is in my sig

Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Blaze10
Record Breaker

looks sick dude

Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package

which one?

Quick Reply: Project Little B1tch