2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Canadian Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 PM
DakinUK
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canadian Lighting

Is it true that its possible to reprogram the PCM to change the lighting set up on my truck?

Mine was imported from Canada, and so comes with Daytime running lights. Its actually the Headlights running on a lower voltage that come on as soon as the engine starts. The tail lights don't come on until the light switch is turned to the first possition.

The problem I have is that its a legal requirement over here to be able to leave the side lights (front and rear) on without the key in the ignition. At the moment I can only leave the rear lights on. If I turn the switch all the way, it puts the Headlights on. Not very helpful of you have to leave them on for any period of time withought the engine running!

So far I've lucky enough for the tester at the garage I take it to for its anual inspection to "over look" the problem but it might not always happen!

My question is, can it be done by re-programming the PCN or would it require re-wiring of the whole front lighting circuit?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:18 PM
zanethan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No clue how to fix it but thats a super lame law...

Quick Reply: Canadian Lighting