2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

urgent please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:39 PM
redneckfromnb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent please help

ive got a 99 dakota with a 3.9 in it,every once in a while it used to cut out once in a while.now its doing it everyday,not all the time though.what it does is like its losing fire and bakefiring and no power and if you hold it on the floor it revs up nice,slip it in neutral and it revs fine.shut the truck off and start it back up and works great for maybe 100 feet or 100 miles,there dont seem to be any pattern to it.my hand held computer is showing code 1391-intermitten loss of crankshaft or cam sensor.anyone got any ideas,i replaced plugs,wires,dist cap,and rotor .i was told to replace the crank and cam sensor but thats rather expensive if you dont need both

Old 11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
FireFighterHill
Rookie

Sounds to me like a bad connection somewhere. First would be to clean your battery terminals and make sure your grounds are all clean and intact.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
redneckfromnb
Default Urgent please help

I checked today some of the harness to no avail.i thought if it was a senser it would quit.sometimes it works good for days,it seems to work bad when its wet and the usual suspects have been replaced

Old 12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
redneckfromnb

i changed camshaft and crank senser but it still acts up,anyone got any ideas

Old 12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we had a problem like that, but with no codes. it ended up to be a bad fuel pump and/or fuel pressure regulator. sometimes it was workin fine, sometimes the darn thing would not start. check your fuel pressure.

Quick Reply: urgent please help