2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

The Biggest Tire On A Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Blaze10
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all said above is correct. do a 3inch body and throw some 33's baby! that's what i am doing this fall. i am making my tiny 31's last til fall maybe early winter next year and slappin 33's on there

Old 01-26-2011, 04:25 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiabloDan
What MPG do you get with the 32s on there with the 4.7L?
Also, what gear ratio are you running?
16-18.5 HW in the winter and about 17.5-20 in the summer on the hw. Country roads where I am from I average around 16-18 summer and winter didn't really change going from the 31's to 32's and I have the 3.92's

Old 01-27-2011, 11:07 AM
DiabloDan

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
16-18.5 HW in the winter and about 17.5-20 in the summer on the hw. Country roads where I am from I average around 16-18 summer and winter didn't really change going from the 31's to 32's and I have the 3.92's
Really?
I have stock rims and tires with the stock 3.55 gears and I get 14 in the city 16 on the highway.
Would you say there's not a large drop in gas mileage going from stock size to 32s if you change the gearing? I was thinking about putting 4.10s in it when I put the 32s on my truck. Should I go with 3.92s instead?
I put A LOT of miles on this beast.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Really?
I have stock rims and tires with the stock 3.55 gears and I get 14 in the city 16 on the highway.
Would you say there's not a large drop in gas mileage going from stock size to 32s if you change the gearing? I was thinking about putting 4.10s in it when I put the 32s on my truck. Should I go with 3.92s instead?
3.92's are good for 32's

Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
BoeingMan
Professional

[QUOTE=TheePlaymaker;2394143]crank your torsion bars about an inch and you can fit 32x11.50's definitely worth it imho, can't beat it. it rubs on the fenders but nothing major for the 6k i've had them on for now. it is more of a check out my sweet truck sound then a my tires are to big sound. haha sorry for all the pics lol

Can you post pictures of where the wheel rubs????

Old 01-27-2011, 02:54 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

My 32's just rub on my frame when under full lock.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

Really?
I'd say that you would be just about right as far as gaining a little more performance with the 4.10's. Mine are stock and with the new tires it tends to bog down sometimes and I think 4.10's would be perfect at least for the driving I do. If you do lots of HW stuff and like to go over 75 then 3.92's would be better. I had 31's All terrains before and went to the 32 Mud terrains that also weigh a little more and barely noticed a drop.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

the front is where Alex and I cut and it seemed to be worse till it wore down were we cut. I'm guessing since it was a sharper edge than what it was. It def. doesn't do it as much as when I got them. Never ripped off my fenders and it was only when turning in reverse. I notice sometimes turning at slow speed out of a parking lot or driveway that it rubs which is probably the same place. I haven't noticed anything that has looked rubbed I just hear it. I can go look at it more and take some pics tomorrow, if you want since its dark out now. Also if you dont go with such an aggresive tread it may be worse or most likely better. Also the tires I got are 32's but they are 31.8" tall. They are one of the only ones I looked at that were that high a lot of 32's are not that tall so look for that when looking for tires, their actual height. I'll also try to take some pics of where we cut tomorrow since I dont have any on my PC right now.
rub.jpg

Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by TheePlaymaker
the front is where Alex and I cut and it seemed to be worse till it wore down were we cut. I'm guessing since it was a sharper edge than what it was. It def. doesn't do it as much as when I got them. Never ripped off my fenders and it was only when turning in reverse. I notice sometimes turning at slow speed out of a parking lot or driveway that it rubs which is probably the same place. I haven't noticed anything that has looked rubbed I just hear it. I can go look at it more and take some pics tomorrow, if you want since its dark out now. Also if you dont go with such an aggresive tread it may be worse or most likely better. Also the tires I got are 32's but they are 31.8" tall. They are one of the only ones I looked at that were that high a lot of 32's are not that tall so look for that when looking for tires, their actual height. I'll also try to take some pics of where we cut tomorrow since I dont have any on my PC right now.

Mine are 31.7 and dont rub at all on my fender even when flexing. I think the newer daks are different in the wheel well. My brother in law had a 02 and said I would have to trim my fenders cause he had too for his 32's

Old 01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
Mine are 31.7 and dont rub at all on my fender even when flexing. I think the newer daks are different in the wheel well. My brother in law had a 02 and said I would have to trim my fenders cause he had too for his 32's
That sounds legit. There are so many things also that could effect it really and the truth is its minimal rubbing at max if you turn the torsion bars a little so I say go for it lol such a better look than 31's

ps. is your sig pic of it with the 32's?

Quick Reply: The Biggest Tire On A Dakota?