2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Automatic door locking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
UWAdventurer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all, I will give those methods a try. Scaryjam8234 let me know what you find also please.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did it about 20 minutes ago and it worked!! It wasn't either one of those though I dont think. It was a combination of the second one. I think this is how I did it because I was just trying them then after the first two didn't work. Off, Run, (don't start the truck, just the run position) Off, Run, Off, Run, Off, Run, Lock Doors then instead of the normal ding ding ding when it is put to the run position you will have a ding...ding ding ding. Hope this works for you, it did for me they don't lock anymore. It might be something else but I'm pretty sure this is the combo that worked

Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
UWAdventurer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will try this in a day or so and see if I can get them to lock automatically. They don't lock right now and I am concerned for my wife's safety. She works in a bad area and sometimes does not think about locking the door because the ones on our Camry lock automatically. We have massive ice on the roads here right now so I don't want to mess around with it. My drive has 3 inches of unremovable ice in it right now. I will be able to get to the road, but may not make it back up my drive when I get home. We had ice, rain, snow, ice, snow. Yuck. Thanks everyone.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:14 AM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Method 2 is what i used.

Quick Reply: Automatic door locking?