2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

manual locking hubs

Old 04-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty sure CAD ended in 93 for all Daks.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:55 PM
frydaddy82
Veteran

yea i have a 97 and the front is always locked in. front drive shaft is always spinin it just un locks from the tcase. i found this out when i shatterd my passenger axle last week while playn lol

Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Markus Knapik

Originally Posted by frydaddy82 View Post
yea i have a 97 and the front is always locked in. front drive shaft is always spinin it just un locks from the tcase. i found this out when i shatterd my passenger axle last week while playn lol
Right o have a 97 also and I canít do anything with the front end being locked in or spinning there has to be some form of locking hubs for the dakotas

Old 06-11-2019, 06:22 PM
rebeltaz83
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus Knapik View Post
Right o have a 97 also and I canít do anything with the front end being locked in or spinning there has to be some form of locking hubs for the dakotas

Solid axle swap. The bearing/hub assembly bolts to the stearing knuckle, and the CV shaft slides into that, no place for locking hubs...... Would have been nice though, I had to drive 30 minutes home with stripped splines on a stub shaft, made for a very noisy drive home. Pulled the front shaft, and cover and removed the gears on the cage to the left and right shafts put the center pin back in, and put the cover back on and filled with fluid. Drive it like that for 6 months, didn't notice any gain in mpg. Maybe .2 if any. I had an 03 extended cab, 3.9 with the nv3500, all stock, except for the 265/75r16s...... Up from a 245.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: manual locking hubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: